Most Recent Awards:

How Can We Help?

Dear Splash Damage,

There are many of us loyal DB players who were excited to see the new direction DB will take under your re-newed guidance. Among us are many map developers, artists, server heads, sound designers, etc. Many of us ran ETQW servers, made maps, and ran clans. We cannot work for you full-time due to our other (real) jobs, but would love to help you with the development of DB. We are fully invested in making DB the best and greatest team based FPS ever. How can we help?

Will there be an SDK so that we can help with maps, skins, etc? What can we do to help beyond spreading the word (gospel) of DB and increasing the player base?

Let us know. We are waiting and wanting to help you.
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home Pro 64-bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 5930K @ 4.2 GHz (OC)
    Memory: 32GB DDR4 Storage: Samsung 950 Pro M2 Drive
    Graphics: Nvidea GTX 1080Ti FTW3 - 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (144Hz) - 06/2017

Re: How Can We Help?

i can build trinket!

You won't be getting an SDK any time soon (years)

Shaolin Productions

just give us ded servers... we do the rest
    DB: hopfully we get ded servers ==> db.auz.at

I'm going to try this once more

We have dedicated servers, always have

what you want are user controlled servers, a VERY DIFFERENT THING

please educate yourself, words matter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaSparkle View Post
    and every time Nail comes in and ruins it

Most Recent Awards:

Dam rusty Nail ... Still here to make some jokes !

He's right, though, we have and have had dedicated servers all along. The alternative technological choice is peer-to-peer.
    "Your bręking me hard!"

in german we would call you "haarspalter"
    i think every one knows that we dont want "dedicated" servers instead of p2p ****.. but we want like you called them "user controlled ded server"

if SD want support the comunity give the comunity more then just trinkets.... just look to ET... nearly everything was customized by someone...
    and yes you dont like shrub or whatever but some other like it... whats comunity... it hast thousends of posibilities!

We all want the same thing: (more) community driven dedicated servers.

The more freedom and self-governance, the better.
    Last edited by Runeforce; 21st Feb 2017 at 17:34.
    "Your bręking me hard!"

With XP, credits, loot boxes etc. the only server I see you getting are with your name on it and some limited settings. If you want something more like 'traditional' user owned dedicated servers then they'll be unranked and more than likely empty... the masses don't want to play a grind to unlock game and not earn anything for doing it, ETQW proved that.

Shaolin Productions

Quote Originally Posted by BomBaKlaK View Post
    Dam rusty Nail ... Still here to make some jokes !
    I'm far from joking, peoples inability to understand English is somewhat annoying, usually in the Warchest forums it's due to English being a secondary language and fixable, in other forums it's due to people thinking txt is an official language, there's English and there's mistakes, not ^##English

Quote Originally Posted by Nail View Post
    I'm far from joking, peoples inability to understand English is somewhat annoying, usually in the Warchest forums it's due to English being a secondary language and fixable, in other forums it's due to people thinking txt is an official language, there's English and there's mistakes, not ^##English
    english is not the native language of all people of this planet.... try to live with it!
    I try my best to understand and write english...

please excuse my harshness, but ...

if they want a community around this baby, they need to "give something meaningful" (like a vision for an ecosystem which will look beyond a supposed "shelf-life" of a product) so that (unpaid) people are willing to invest their time into fostering this community. because the guys (and gals) wanting to "commune" ... they realized that gifting a walled garden will not foster community. that walled garden will foster a consumerbase.

if they just want a consumerbase for their shelf-product they only need to throw trinkets or credits or named servers or whatever into the walled garden and consumers will dive after to consume it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASD View Post
    english is not the native language of all people of this planet.... try to live with it!
    I try my best to understand and write english...
    which is why i supplied you with the correct terminology, dedicated servers are the alternative to peer to peer, you can have what you want with peer to peer just as easy, words matter

Quote Originally Posted by eitsch0r View Post
    please excuse my harshness, but ...

if they want a community around this baby, they need to "give something meaningful" (like a vision for an ecosystem which will look beyond a supposed "shelf-life" of a product) so that (unpaid) people are willing to invest their time into fostering this community. because the guys (and gals) wanting to "commune" ... they realized that gifting a walled garden will not foster community. that walled garden will foster a consumerbase.

if they just want a consumerbase for their shelf-product they only need to throw trinkets or credits or named servers or whatever into the walled garden and consumers will dive after to consume it.
    now ya got it