UPDATED - Scheduled Maintenance - February 9th, 2017

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

Dirty Bomb may experience some disruption of service in order to transfer Steam ownership from Nexon to Warchest (Splash Damage’s own publisher). Downtime should be minimal.

When:

[LIST][]London (UTC): 16:00
[
]Los Angeles (PST, UTC-8): 08:00
[*]Sydney (AEDT, UTC+11): 03:00 February 10th[/LIST]

Thanks!
shoe.

EDIT: There will be no new client for you to download. This maintenance will be solely for the back-end handover. We won’t be replacing NGS just yet. Fortunately, we manged to catch a few issues with our latest update with EAC in it. The downside is that this will push back the release slightly.

EDIT: We found a way for us to make this change without downtime. If you experience any issues, please restart your client.

(Chilled Sanity) #2

Well since it will take up to 3 hours its not so easy - anticheat now is it?

TOOOOOOOOOOOLD YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I’ve no regrets

(Mc1412013) #3

I expect some issues.

(TitaniumRapture) #4

[quote=“Bröd;c-220905”]Well since it will take up to 3 hours its not so easy - anticheat now is it?

I’ve no regrets[/quote]

We will be happy with 3 hours. :slight_smile:

Cant wait to play without hungry blackcipher.exe :slight_smile:

(Chilled Sanity) #5

[quote=“titaniumRapture;c-220907”][quote=“Bröd;c-220905”]Well since it will take up to 3 hours its not so easy - anticheat now is it?

I’ve no regrets[/quote]

We will be happy with 3 hours. :)[/quote]

Happy and Dirty bomb doesnt go well together. Mind your bidness

(TitaniumRapture) #6

[quote=“Bröd;c-220908”][quote=“titaniumRapture;c-220907”][quote=“Bröd;c-220905”]Well since it will take up to 3 hours its not so easy - anticheat now is it?

I’ve no regrets[/quote]

Happy and Dirty bomb doesnt go well together. Mind your bidness [/quote]

So you expect some dirty work with dirty result.

(Chilled Sanity) #7

[quote=“titaniumRapture;c-220909”][quote=“Bröd;c-220908”][quote=“titaniumRapture;c-220907”][quote=“Bröd;c-220905”]Well since it will take up to 3 hours its not so easy - anticheat now is it?

I’ve no regrets[/quote]

Happy and Dirty bomb doesnt go well together. Mind your bidness [/quote]

So you expect some dirty work with dirty result.[/quote]

obv

(Mc1412013) #8

#nexit lol saw that on the rwitter post of this announcemnet

(M@rs) #9

Shot in the foot. You are not getting anything from it, just one more thing to take cpu space. Somehow you guys think it will be a wonderfull platform from where people can buy stuff from you, won’t happen. The reason I say this is because I saw other games do the exact same things and disapear fast. You were better off with steam were people can get to know the game instead of your own platform that only the hardcore players will download. Instead of working on this client, if you had brought back ranked and taken this game out of beta, you would have tons of new players…but whatever.
It’s like you don’t even care if the game dies or not, and you are just trying to milk the remaining players for some more cash.

(anicca444) #10

[quote=“M@rs;c-220922”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]

There will also be a new client available for you to download.

[/quote]

Shot in the foot. You are not getting anything from it, just one more thing to take cpu space. Somehow you guys think it will be a wonderfull platform from where people can buy stuff from you, won’t happen. The reason I say this is because I saw other games do the exact same things and disapear fast. You were better off with steam were people can get to know the game instead of your own platform that only the hardcore players will download. Instead of working on this client, if you had brought back ranked and taken this game out of beta, you would have tons of new players…but whatever.
It’s like you don’t even care if the game dies or not, and you are just trying to milk the remaining players for some more cash.[/quote]

what…

nowhere have they said they’re leaving steam?

(pumpkinmeerkat) #11

[quote=“M@rs;c-220922”]Shot in the foot. You are not getting anything from it, just one more thing to take cpu space. Somehow you guys think it will be a wonderfull platform from where people can buy stuff from you, won’t happen. The reason I say this is because I saw other games do the exact same things and disapear fast. You were better off with steam were people can get to know the game instead of your own platform that only the hardcore players will download. Instead of working on this client, if you had brought back ranked and taken this game out of beta, you would have tons of new players…but whatever.
It’s like you don’t even care if the game dies or not, and you are just trying to milk the remaining players for some more cash.[/quote]

(B_Montiel) #12

Client <> Steam
Client = shootergame.exe

While I’m at it, it does not cost that much to actually call dirty bomb, dirty bomb on our computers.

(Jan S.) #13

[quote=“M@rs;c-220922”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]

[/quote]

They have been calling it client update since … well, ever. So why are you freaking out? :smiley:

(M@rs) #14

[quote=“anicca444;c-220924”][quote=“M@rs;c-220922”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]

[/quote]

what…

nowhere have they said they’re leaving steam?[/quote]

Wanna bet?
There is no point in having a client. Why open a freakin client to open the game? Isn’t it the same as opening trough steam? Why not just use a desktop item?? Because they dream of the day they get to be like Blizzard LOL and you buy all their stuff and games trough that same client, DO YOU PEOPLE GET WHATS GOING ON HERE???

The last updates were just major disapointments, Winter memes…was silly to say the least, a map that no one cares about etc etc now this…nothing that actually matters to the evolution of DB or its community.
I expect extra bugs and crashes from this.

(HardCoreGamer44) #15

sounds good always use good AC

(Mischievous_Mac) #16

[quote=“M@rs;c-220935”][quote=“anicca444;c-220924”][quote=“M@rs;c-220922”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]

[/quote]

what…

Wanna bet?
There is no point in having a client. Why open a freakin client to open the game? Isn’t it the same as opening trough steam? Why not just use a desktop item?? Because they dream of the day they get to be like Blizzard LOL and you buy all their stuff and games trough that same client, DO YOU PEOPLE GET WHATS GOING ON HERE???

The last updates were just major disapointments, Winter memes…was silly to say the least, a map that no one cares about etc etc now this…nothing that actually matters to the evolution of DB or its community.
I expect extra bugs and crashes from this.[/quote]

I think you need to chill…

(Mc1412013) #17

Be cause its client side and server side. Just how things are named i the network world.

Besides we all know theres more to this update than just anti cheat and #nexit changes

We already know theres a change to one of the gun sounds and im sure theres other changes will be anounced post #nexit i mean update

(HammerOfDawn21) #18

[quote=“Mc1412013;c-220942”]
Besides we all know theres more to this update than just anti cheat and #nexit changes

We already know theres a change to one of the gun sounds and im sure theres other changes will be anounced post #nexit i mean update [/quote]

Considering SD actually named an update MOFO, we all know what this update is going to be called.

(Wolf_Darkrose) #19

my god the death of NGS… ohhhhh ill get the gasoline. whos got a lighter??

(blonk) #20

[quote=“M@rs;c-220935”][quote=“anicca444;c-220924”][quote=“M@rs;c-220922”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-35755”]

[/quote]

what…

Wanna bet?

I expect extra bugs and crashes from this.[/quote]

I think you’re getting confused by the terminology used here, although I admit I can see how it could be misleading, possibly why Shoe has edited the OP. Client can refer to the game itself, in that the game client is what you use to play the game (shootergame.exe as mentioned above by @B. Montiel). For source engine games the client is hl2.exe and various variants. It’s not another launcher thing like you get with World of Tanks or some Steam games like Neverwinter