DPC stacking during gameplay.

(DNineD) #1

Hi Devs,

I got introduced to DB by my friend who’s a bit more involved in the game. I got hooked into it because it reminded me of Unreal Tournamanent back in early 2000s but this game has objective type gameplay.

We’ve been experiencing DPC related issues with the game (and this game only so far) and I’ve been searching the net for explanations and solutions along with my friend. What I’ve found is that it is not specific to the hardware (ATI Radeon or NVidia GPU) because both manufacturer of the hardware are experiencing the same symptoms and on various games as well.

My mate and I have combined our efforts to document the to fix this issue and have listed the things we have done here. Of course, we’ve done other things that are obnoxiously unrelated like removing the RX480 and re-installing it with default drivers, but the more relevant ones are listed and so far, the only known sure fire way to fix the issue is when symptoms become observable, the game has to be manually stopped and restarted again. This is inconvenient for playing Stopwatch but it becomes utterly unplayable if I/we persist without stop/starting the game.

We’ve narrowed down the symptom to DPC stacking as my mate has investigated here..

I/we would appreciate if you can help us run the game smoothly again prior to SS III.

(Mustang) #2

In the latest developer video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Ew0QB46B0) they announced NGS would be removed and replaced with EAC next week, as your investigation seemed to be pointing towards NGS as a possible culprit, perhaps try it again after the next update.

(pr0nflakes) #3

Joining the queue with the same issue. Also posted in the thread linked above. Hopefully removing NGS will fix our prob so I can play DB again after months full of hassle and stutter.

(K1X455) #4

I can now confirm that it is now the netcode of ShooterGame-Win32-Shipping.exe that is causing DPC stacks to rise.

Here’s what it looks like:

(K1X455) #5

:frowning: My post got deleted?

(Nail) #6

was there earlier, I saw it, you confirmed shooter.ini or something

(K1X455) #7

It was ShooterGame-Win32-Shipping.exe… with exerp from a gameplay I uploaded on plays.tv

EDIT: Oh… now it’s back up :slight_smile:

(DNineD) #8

[QUOTE=K1X455;561781]I can now confirm that it is now the netcode of ShooterGame-Win32-Shipping.exe that is causing DPC stacks to rise.

Here’s what it looks like:

I agree and I attached latest resmon images

This is the 22nd minute of gameplay

This is the 29th minute of gameplay

(K1X455) #9

This is D9D’s 22 minute Resource Monitor profile after EAC got introduced.

This is the latest 31minute Resource Monitor profile with EAC on, including parameters sent using STEAM shortcut

EDIT:
Wrong picture uploaded. Appologies