Some Quick Feedback Since My Return...

(PixelTwitch) #1

Hello Again!

Long time no see. Hope you are all well. So, I decided to come back and play a little since the release of the MOFO update as I had seen it being hyped on social media and decided to come back to the forums and give my impressions. First off, great work on the improved visuals! Many of the maps seem to look a lot sharper now without them horrible tints on each map and I can certainly feel the improvements to framerate stability for the most part!

Disclaimer, I have purposely avoided looking at the patch notes…

THE GOOD!
So as I have already mentioned I did notice a massive improvement to performance stability. I also really like the new lick of paint many of the maps have been given! I also noticed that quite a few of the sticky corners and collision issues have been ironed out and that is great. The new UI looks much cleaner (yes I have been away that long). Overall the game feels much better and that is obviously a big big win! Oh, and the Semi Auto Weapon Bug that I have cried about for almost 3 years appears to have been fixed! amazing! I can really see the improvements and the progression that has been made when it comes to making a nice feeling core game!

THE BAD!
While the game does feel much better I have to admit I was very disappointed to see a few of the old problems still persisting. I still see players warp many feet out of the blue and sometimes appear to stutter, I still get the noise repeating bug when downing someone, I still get the missed knife gib although I am basically close enough to impregnate my enemies, I still get stuck in crouch animation when trying to long jump and I still get hit sounds for enemies that are not taking damage. Sure there are lots of other bugs still around but the ones listed here are the ones I personally think impact enjoyment the most and really need to be sorted. Maybe its just cause I have been dealing with them for 3+ years but to me they are still deal breakers.

THE UGLY!
My experience when I first jumped back onto the game was let down by a hacker in the first game and so far seen 3 in my last 10~ games. Now I don’t know if there is a reason for this but it is worrying to say the least. However, I understand how hard dealing with hackers can be and I could have also been very unlucky! The other thing that really hit me was the hassle of getting into a game. I am amazed that this is still a problem honestly. Clicking quick play to get into a game near the end or on horribly balanced teams and still having to wait a long time to actually get into the action is sooo frustrating! At the very minimum I would have expected the quick play system to at least have a box to select “Join Game In Lobby” so you can play a full match. Without a doubt still the biggest barrier to entry in Dirty Bomb seems to be even allowing new players to play a full match on full teams that are balanced. The menu system is still borked for us people using variable refresh rate monitors as well. Finally… The card/loadout system… WHAT DID YOU DO :frowning: I HAVE NO WORDS :S AND I ALWAYS HAVE WORDS!

Anyway, since playing Overwatch where the Left->Right movement is so much faster I have been really enjoying the bolt action snipers in Dirty Bomb so I am likely going to be around for a little while so hello again!

(Mustang) #2

QFT

#10chars

(Exedore) #3

A big error, but we’re trying our hardest to learn from several mistakes that happened with this.

At any rate, wb!

(light_sh4v0r) #4

Welcome back Pixel :slight_smile:
I think you did get unlucky with hackers, I’ve not seen one in quite some time…

(ASD) #5

welcome back…
@hackers… i had also the last 2 weeks a bad feeling that they get more and more! hope SD get them and remove them fast and permanently

(Glottis-3D) #6

i did have 1 hacker this week as well…

(DNineD) #7

1st post…

Hi Pixel

(Pakaa) #8

Awh, Pixel <3

I’d love to watch DB VOD:s again. Or maybe a single DB VOD. So much has changed.

Overall I’m really impressed with how far DB has gotten. Pub play feels much smoother in terms of class and map balance and this recent MOFO update makes a world of difference. Performance wise it feels like I’m playing an entierly different game!

Is this a known bug? How do you mean “stuck”?

(Glottis-3D) #9

Like if you forgotten to unfasten your seat belt.
To me its like toggle crouch instead of usual sit on press, stand up on unpress key.