Why update end of match flow?

(amazinglarry) #1

From the MOFO Update Notes:

Updated end of match flow - there is now a few seconds of gameplay time between the end of a match and the end-match cinematic

What was the reasoning behind this? While it’s fun to run around for a few seconds after the match timer ends, it has introduced a little confusion already in the few games I’ve played since the update (less than a day).

The first is on Underground when the enemy team planted C4 on the Extractor Fan Controls just after the map time officially ended, a few seconds ticked by and then my team ‘Won’. Just about everybody was anticipating the Overtime to kick in, but since they planted after the timer hit zero they lost.

The obvious issue here to me is that there is no real communication that the match has officially ended when the timer hits zero. The Win/Lose messages pop up a few seconds after the match officially ends… why is that?

Here’s a video illustrating the confusion: https://youtu.be/evCyKzeWl_g

(Mustang) #2

I’m loving the few seconds of extra time, I’d even say it could be another couple of seconds longer.

The confusing part is that the win/loss message needs to appear immediately when the timer hits zero, not after, or halfway through the grace period.

(amazinglarry) #3

Yeah that’s pretty much exactly my beef with it. I definitely don’t mind the few extra seconds to hunt some folks down, but the Messaging at the end of a match needs to be clear and immediate.

(light_sh4v0r) #4

Yep, confused me the first time too.

(alphabeta) #5

This is stupid; Match over means the match is over, done, finished. Why would you have a few more seconds of live action? Now I have to run and hide in a corner after a match is finished so it doesn’t affect my K/D?

(DB Genome editor) #6

It’s not like you can’t fight back, as is the case for the loosing side in TF2 :smiley: