The MOFO Update - Bug Megathread

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

With every new update there are often a number of unforeseen issues that sneak in. To address these as quickly as possible, we’re creating a single Bug Megathread so you can let us know when you run into them. This way, you’ll have a much greater chance of having them seen by our QA team than by creating a new thread (we only have so much time for bug-thread hunting!)
Before you make a post please do a quick check to see if anyone else has reported the issue you have experienced. If so, simply up-vote their comment and we’ll know the severity of issues.

Format bug reports: When putting a bug into the comments below make sure that you give us as much information as you can. If you can remember any of the events leading up to the issue it can help us find the cause quicker.

[list][]Type of Bug: Eg. Gameplay bug, HUD and in game UI, Frontend UI etc.
[
]Description: Describe what the bug is and what happened in the moments leading up to and after the incident.
[]Video / Screenshot: If you can grab a screenshot (which you can do through steam) or a video recording of the issue it would be useful for us.
[
]Steps to reproduce: List the steps that lead up to the bug. Try not to leave any information out, every step can be useful!
[]Result: What happened after you experienced the bug.
[
]Expected result: What you believe should have happened if there was no bug.
[*]Reproduction rate: How many times out of 10 have you experienced this issue? (1/10 - 10/10)[/list]

Copy the text below and use it to fill in your details:

Type of Bug:
Description:
Video / Screenshot:
Steps to reproduce:
Result:
Expected result:
Reproduction rate:

Performance/Graphical Issues: If you are experiencing either performance or graphical related issues, please also add your System Specification to your bug report including: Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, HDD/SSD, Motherboard, Sound Card and even drivers etc.
We’ll be going through each and every bug which is posted here. If you don’t get a reply, don’t worry. Just rest assured knowing we have made note of your issue and it will be addressed when possible.
Thank you for helping us make Dirty Bomb a cleaner place (that sounds wrong but you know what I mean).

(Liz.mp4) #2

Type of Bug: Config is having issues

Description: I start up dirty bomb with the new update and then I get a message saying that these specific config files; ShooterCompact, ShooterLight, ShooterTesting, ShooterEngine, ShooterGame, and ShooterServerConfig all have issues.

Video / Screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/lYpbk pictures of the problem.

Steps to reproduce: All I did was start up the game after I downloaded the update.

Result: After the bug happened, it launched db but then i get a maintenance message.

Expected result: I think I shouldve had db start up nicely without this weird bug.

Reproduction rate: This is the first time ive had this bug so 1/10 so this update definetly had something to do with this.

My Specs:
AMD FX™-6300 Six-core processor
nvidia geforce gt 740
MSI 990
6GB RAM
HDD
Realtek High Def Audio, Nvidia High Def Audio, and Nvidia Virtual Audio Device (WDM)

Hello.

These messages pop up when the game tries to write or change something in the config files but is not able to because the option read-only is checked in the properties.
To fix it simply uncheck it.

Be aware that any custom configs will be overwritten.

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/33475/the-mofo-update-update-notes-11-22-2016#latest

(Terminal_6) #4

The Barracks is showing a notice (number in red rectangle, like when you have unopened cases) for my weapon kits. I have 8, and don’t intend to use them until I have 10.
[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/5duf0n0.jpg[/spoiler]

(Sithas) #5

Both teams need to vote yes to kick somebody again. Which makes It impossible to kick afk players because the opposite team refuses to vote yes(because of obvious reasons)

(Nibbles02) #6

Type of Bug: Performance
Description: The game runs between 15 and 130 FPS, with 40-60 being the average. The game also hitches for several(5-12) seconds and slows to 20 FPS for a similar period of time. I’ve also experienced full game freezing a couple of times per match, especially on terminal and underground, and 1 CTD.
Video / Screenshot: Shadowplay is being weird so N/A
Steps to reproduce: N/A
System Specs: DxDiag file(old but still relevant, and yes I’ve cleaned my registry with CC and updated drivers since as well); http://pastebin.com/gqRWfDbf

(prismaticDinosaur) #7

the ammostation doesnt fill up completely anymore

(prismaticDinosaur) #8

the game is a fucking lagshow, no problems before
gtx 760, i5 4k series

(Exavidos) #9

Type of Bug: Frontend UI
Description: Mission progress not showing(aswell as credits)
Video / Screenshot: -
Steps to reproduce: play a game
Result: The mission progress bar after a match isn’t showing any progress. Before the update it worked at least some times.
Expected result: The bar below the mission should show the correct progress.
Reproduction rate: Play a match. Has happened in the last 5 of 5 matches.

(Exavidos) #10

Type of Bug: Graphic bug
Description: Phoenix healing pulse not disappearing
Video / Screenshot: https://abload.de/img/20161123021421_1gwuh3.jpg
https://abload.de/img/20161123021423_1m3u2u.jpg
https://abload.de/img/20161123021425_1iuuvo.jpg
Steps to reproduce: Killed/gibbed Phoenix with a frag grenade pretty much at the same time as he used his healing pulse. Didn’t try to reproduce.
Result: Healing pulse isn’t disappearing visually
Expected result: Healing pulse should disappear.
Reproduction rate:

(Exavidos) #11

Type of Bug: Audio
Description: Ammo crate sound not playing
Video / Screenshot: -
Steps to reproduce: not sure
Result: The ammo crate (neutral) sound when getting new ammo played only one time, even though it picked up way more ammo. Not sure what triggered it to stop playing, maybe it was reloading my pistol.
Expected result: Sound should play for every tick when I get ammo.
Reproduction rate: only happened once so far

(Exavidos) #12

Type of Bug: Performance
Description: The performance in general feels better, but I get frame drops nearly every game, which hasn’t happen before, not even in Alpha or early beta. Sometimes it goes to even 2 to 5 fps for a few seconds. :confused: // I haven’t restarted my PC, maybe it will increase the performance.
Video / Screenshot: Didn’t find time to record
Steps to reproduce: N/A
System Specs:

i5-3470 @ 4GHz
8GB RAM
HD7950
OS on SSD, Game/Steam on 3TB HD 7.2krpm

(doxjq) #13

This isn’t a new mofo bug but it’s still a bug. Fraggers nades disappearing or randomly exploding in mid air still happens.

(ChuckJones) #14

This also isn’t a new bug but every once in a while when I perform multiple small melee hits rapidly the swinging continues even when I stop left clicking, the swinging continues until I switch weapons.

(n-x) #15

Type of Bug: Visual Bug.
Description: It seems that walls sometimes dont block effects. I saw it on underground. I could see from the entrance to the first objective that there are the outlines of a healing station. When I ran towards it, nobody was there. (I assume an enemy Aura put one down outside). On Terminal I was standing on the big stairs outside (the one, where on top on one side you can go into the small room with ammo and on the other side you can go to the MG). There were firefights inside the building (probably on the bend staircase inside). The bullets could be seen outside. Dunno if it was only a visual bug or if the bullets really do damage.
Video / Screenshot: N/A.
Steps to reproduce: Just try to reproduce those situations.
Result: There was no healing station inside.
Expected result:
Reproduction rate: (2/10)

(KeinBaum) #16

I only just saw this thread. I posted my reports over in the bug report forums.

[Graphics] The healing station’s ground effect is still bugged.

[UI] Right click menu in the lobby shows “[unknown]” as name

Stuck on the loading screen

Merc selection in lobby possible after teams are locked

[UI] The barracks always show your weapon / crafting kits as new items

[Gameplay / Input] Shooting and abilities stop working

Also, why is bug thread hunting hard if there is a bug reporting forum, @stayfreshshoe?

(strawberryJacket) #17

Have exactly the same problem, its almost unplayable at times. Nothing seems to help me either.[quote=“understandingKaleidoscope;212950”]before the update i had stable 80-100 fps

After the update i got fps around 100 fps and if I join an intense fight my fps gets hiccups and slow down to 20-30 fps
[/quote]

Have exactly the same problem, its almost unplayable at times. Nothing seems to help me either.

My computer:

i5 3550
gtx 770
8gb of ram
Updated drivers (not that it ever helped with anything DB oriented)

Hello.

Please make sure that the ShooterEngine file isn’t set to read-only.
Otherwise the game can’t update it resulting in the decreased performance.

Remember to make a backup first if it’s custom edited.

(bontsa) #19

E: Looks like the thread got moved as a whole, scribblescribble.

(Trestos) #20

before the update i had stable 80-100 fps

After the update i got fps around 100 fps and if I join an intense fight my fps gets hiccups and slow down to 20-30 fps

I already tried to make the game priotity in task manager to High. Didn’t helped me.
I tried that one in the steam guide to improve fps. Won’t work for me, sadly.
I tried to change settings in the ShooterEngine. Didn’t helped me.

My Stats:
Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
16 GB RAM
FX 8320e
GTX 1060 6GB