Master server acting up? Server disconnections

(taw_m0nsta) #1

In the last couple weeks on various servers like Jesus and the Group Gathering Server it happens various time that everybody gets disconnected from the map. Not that the TAW server is a very active server but I haven’t seen anything like this when we have our custom events on our servers every sunday and tuesday (shameless clan promotion alert join TAW! :wink:) Anway while the map timer goes on, everybody manually needs to reconnect and join the server again to finish the map. Sometimes it happens multiple times on just 1 map and it starts to become really annoying.

I have no clue what this can be except something to do with the master server. I hope to start the discussion for solutions.

(edxot) #2

this reminds me of an episode a few years ago:

was trying to get some server up while practicing some jumps. some guy joinned, fake nick btw, and started talking about hacks, unhits, and stuff like that.
i was totaly interested, but trying to make him say more, i pretended i wasn’t very much interested.
then suddenly, trying to get my attention, he asked “want me to disconect you from server ?”
checked admin tab and he wasn’t admin. so i replied something like “ok, whatever”
then, he started to make some weird movements, with his character assuming all sorts of strange positions very fast.
2 to 3 seconds latter i got disconected, IT WORKED
later he explained it was a bug in the game.

much later, same day, already with players on the server, we were starting a campaign on valley. 1 min after game start, everybody got disconected.
i reconected as fast as possible and there he was, the fake nick from before, sitting in the first gdf slot.

(Chronicler) #3

[QUOTE=edxot;560723]this reminds me of an episode a few years ago:

was trying to get some server up while practicing some jumps. some guy joinned, fake nick btw, and started talking about hacks, unhits, and stuff like that.
i was totaly interested, but trying to make him say more, i pretended i wasn’t very much interested.
then suddenly, trying to get my attention, he asked “want me to disconect you from server ?”
checked admin tab and he wasn’t admin. so i replied something like “ok, whatever”
then, he started to make some weird movements, with his character assuming all sorts of strange positions very fast.
2 to 3 seconds latter i got disconected, IT WORKED
later he explained it was a bug in the game.

much later, same day, already with players on the server, we were starting a campaign on valley. 1 min after game start, everybody got disconected.
i reconected as fast as possible and there he was, the fake nick from before, sitting in the first gdf slot.[/QUOTE]

I will let Rex handle this one…