Low fps

(Volk) #1

Today I decided to download again et and for my surprise my desktop pc with 10 years old it’s faster than my laptop. This are the specs of my laptop.

AMD A10-5750M 2.5Ghz
8gb ram 833mhz
768MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8650G
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8750M
Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit

Any suggestion?

EDIT: If I don’t look around the fps stands between 40-60 but If I just move or look around the fps drops to 10-20. When outside in a rainy map max fps: 5

(KeMoN) #2

Hello there Volk and welcome back to W:ET.

Regarding your FPS problems, I presume your desktop PC comes with a Nvidia graphics card? As far as I remember those are mostly fine, however your laptop is running on an AMD Radeon and for whatever reason they have a bit more problems with the game.

Could you do me a favour and when you are in-game open the console with [~] or [^] depending on your keyboard layout. If you are using ET: Legacy, which you should, then the universal [SHIFT] + [ESC] combination works for everyone.
In the console please enter /r_primitives and check the value it is set to. I presume it is set to 0. If it is, then please enter /r_primitives 2 and close the console. Now run around and play a bit to check whether it worked.

This should mostly cover your problems, but if you still encounter low FPS then please report back here. If it worked please also report back, for future players to know the solution.

A little disclaimer though, if you want to play ETPro, then don’t use ET: Legacy. Those two are not compatible.

Cheers and happy fragging

89°C when idle? Unless those temps come down, the fps won’t go up.

(Volk) #4

I was playing before take the screenshot, is summer over here and you know… amd.

EDIT: Never use a 3rd party program hehe.

This is the real temp of my pc at gaming (just today I realized after freaking out what was going out with the temperatures)

(Volk) #5

[QUOTE=KeMoN;559947]Hello there Volk and welcome back to W:ET.

Regarding your FPS problems, I presume your desktop PC comes with a Nvidia graphics card? As far as I remember those are mostly fine, however your laptop is running on an AMD Radeon and for whatever reason they have a bit more problems with the game.

Could you do me a favour and when you are in-game open the console with [~] or [^] depending on your keyboard layout. If you are using ET: Legacy, which you should, then the universal [SHIFT] + [ESC] combination works for everyone.
In the console please enter /r_primitives and check the value it is set to. I presume it is set to 0. If it is, then please enter /r_primitives 2 and close the console. Now run around and play a bit to check whether it worked.

This should mostly cover your problems, but if you still encounter low FPS then please report back here. If it worked please also report back, for future players to know the solution.

A little disclaimer though, if you want to play ETPro, then don’t use ET: Legacy. Those two are not compatible.

Cheers and happy fragging[/QUOTE]

I’ll try now and will let you know how it run after those cmds. Thank you.

(Volk) #6

[QUOTE=KeMoN;559947]Hello there Volk and welcome back to W:ET.

Cheers and happy fragging[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know anything about ET Legacy, I just installed it and the game works fine and stable. So much thanks. :slight_smile: