First of all thank you for your reply, I appreciate every input altough I have to admit I expected to see the OP speaking up. As you are having trouble understanding my argument, let me help you with that.
No, you have not. It would have been the proper move though, especially before leaping to someone's defense. Never mind, let me do that for you:
I haven't checked the ReadME
If you had done it you certainly had noticed that that quote of yours above is actually my textfile, word by word. That is almost funny now as you use it to carefully lay out in front of me that I have no exclusive rights, that the credit goes to SD etc. Thank you for that, but as you can see I knew that already, I knew back in 2007. For the rest, due to gameplay, texture and shader alterations he or his affiliates must have done some work on their own, that is undisputed. Still, finding my words of the textfile that is included in the 2007-.pk3 in conjunction with this release is leaving me unhappy. Finding files with the same 'modified'-timestamp of 25.07.2007, 13:39 in both my work of 2007 and his work of 2015 does not comfort me as well. Claiming to know the workload of a map, even if it is just a conversion, and considering it is not my map of course and everyone can do a conversion and all rights and credits remain with SD, I hope you can understand that.
Bramburg Dam (et_dam) Beta 1 for ET
This is a conversion of Bramburg Dam (mp_dam) designed and released by Splashdamage for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It is based on the corresponding map 'dam' which was part of RTCW 1.0 single player campaign. All credits go to the developers at Splashdamage who designed this great map for RTCW, so in no way you are allowed to make money with it. I left layout and gameplay widely untouched. This map conversion was built for fun only, so donít expect much from it. Iím just a hobby mapper. ;)
Probably best played with a maximum of 6-8 players per team, as the map isn't very large and gameplay extends only to a limited part of it (most of the axis side of the dam isn't really involved). The map surely isnít suitable for large public servers with 30+ players. Stopwatch-mode should be cool, having map concept and objectives layout in mind.
1) There is a map-entry called "et_dam" in the database of splatterladder.com, however, there is no info or download-link and I have never ever heard of such a map before or seen it somewhere for ET. So, if there's a conversion out already that I'm not aware of ... here's another. So what, it's just a fun project anyway. :)
2) Yes, this map is dark. So was mp_dam.
- mapscript & several entities related to spawning reworked to fit ET needs.
- timelimit raised by 5 min to 15 min.
- some RTCW-only textures replaced by ET-textures
- most RTCW-sounds replaced with comparable stock ET-sounds
- most RTCW-models replaced with comparable stock ET-models
- terrain re-textured using DotProduct2 shader + Alpha Fade system. Credits to Simon "Sock" O'Callaghan.
Why a beta?
Simple: I have no clanmates for map-testing as I have no clan. Youíre the guinea-pigs.
Ah yes, the commandmap is crappy, no doubt. If youíre a Photoshop-guru and want to help out: you are welcome, I'll send you the tracemap! (Iím serious!)
If there's no input at all, I'll just see what errors I can find myself and throw out a 'final'.
Contact me for error reports or suggestions: email@example.com
pr0t3st a.k.a. Ramon
- add splashdamage-logo (poster?)
- fix textures here and there
- Add texture-layer (moon) to sky-shader?
- do better terrain lightening/alpha- and phong-shading, maybe
- get a better command map Ö hmmh
- fix camerascript for the spotlights at the dam towers. They do some
weired movements at mapstart. :P
Please consider the fact that I made that obvious in 2007 already, see code section above. Saying that I claim the whole setting as my own creation is entirely unfounded, it is simply not true. I have said it is an altered copy of my conversion, and that's for everyone to see.
In his post he made it quite obvious, that the credit goes to Splashdamage for their original map. The map that you also used as a base for your 'conversion', so claiming the whole Bramburg Dam setting is your creation is quite a bold move.