respawn timers

(ASD) #1

Hi,

in the last days I often see (especialy on “DB balacend” teams) what one team gets spawnwilled by nades or other explosives. this is not so hard as the respawntimes are currenty the same for both teams so if you know your respawntime you also know the from the other team… add some cooldowntime for the spawn shield and …tadaaaaa time your nade and do some multikill…

2 ways out of this… FIRST teambalance … but it als would maybe make it not what easy if the spawntimes would not be the same… maybe just with some variations so you have ±2 seconds… sometimes +2 sometimes -1 other time +1 ,-1, 0, -2 etc…

what you think?

Regards
ASD

(Mustang) #2

This is what the spawn shield is for, if you’re still dying en masse after the shield has ran out then spread out a bit.

(ASD) #3

some spawns have multiple exits some. mostly the forward one have 2 you spawn directly on the street you can go into obj direction or run away… normaly all go into the first direction…
example chapel the forward spawn under the bridge there you can go back of to the MG

(montheponies) #4

I struggle to understand why the spawntimes are synchronised on stopwatch but staggered in objective. that said staggering the spawntimes only means u need to watch for the first respawn and then u can work out the offset.

(ASD) #5

whats why i suggest adding some variation

(montheponies) #6

RTCW had a variable offset and also asynchronous off and def spawntimes. It still just meant you had to wait for the first respawn wave (often by watching for the \kill by the opposing team) and then you would know for the rest of the match. Adjusting by 1 or 2s in a match would cause more confusion and potential problems.