Rhino

(coolwhirl123) #1

The rhino is way too overpowered he needs a massive need on his minigun because he is really not that much slower and can just shoot and kill and he will win any one on one plus his massive amount of health doesn’t help

(Yak) #2

Rhino is actually very easy to take care of.

1. Stay at a distance. He is a very close range merc, and useless at mid range and farther.

2. Aim for his head. He’s the slowest merc and has the biggest head. Take advantage of that and pop his skull.

3. If you’re a class with explosives, use them on him. He’s very slow so dodging is hard for him. He goes down very quickly to nades.

(Reddeadcap) #3

As above, along with, Rhino isn’t very effective at moving from place to place with the minigun equiped, and has a really loud wind up sound so hes a very obvious enemy that shouldn’t be fought face to face at close range.

(cornJester) #4

Stop trying to hug rhinos. I know they’re majestic and endangered but you just have to put your feelings aside and shoot them from a distance and they wont be able to stop you.

(metallicCandle) #5

rhino is really only god for point defense at close range, I pretty much use him only to cover flanks vs shottys, with his high hp and low ttk he can beat aura at cqc. get him in the open, or vs nader/fragger, he’s a dead man

(Szakalot) #6

@coolwhirl123 @Yak @Redcap @cornJester @metallicCandle All of what is mentioned here is true except for Nitro+Unshakeable loadout.

Nitro allows Rhino to remain very mobile, you can ran at people with the cricket bat -> long jump + walljump into a fight -> switch to minigun mid-air and shred people upon landing.

That this perk allows for such mobility is already pretty crazy, but why not give Rhino the best defensive perk in the game as well, decreasing the effectiveness of his counters by 20%.

I main fletcher I can always instantly say which rhino I’m fighting with, other loadouts die to 2 sticky bombs before they even get a good angle at me.

Nitro+Unshakeable will not only shrug any sticky splash-damage off, but proceed to sprint at me and insta-kill with some minigun HSs

(Parmenion) #7

Rhino is perfectly balanced

(LifeupOmega) #8

Eh I wouldn’t call him OP, but he’s an annoying and tedious merc to fight just by nature of how he plays.

Also I’ll take the time to ask now, is his click-fire-click-fire thing legitimate? I see people tap firing his minigun and destroying others way out of his usual effective range.

(Szakalot) #9

[quote=“LifeupOmega;36804”]Eh I wouldn’t call him OP, but he’s an annoying and tedious merc to fight just by nature of how he plays.

Also I’ll take the time to ask now, is his click-fire-click-fire thing legitimate? I see people tap firing his minigun and destroying others way out of his usual effective range.[/quote]

its legitimate, but indeed initial minigun accuracy is very high.