underground sound

(ASD) #1

Hi,

not sure if this is already in one of the large “features” list…

one thing that realy iritates me very often is, if you are in the defending team and spawn the first time downstairs but still some player fight near the generator… you hear them shooting like they there 2m behind you but in real there is about 50m concreet between us… so I should hear nothing from them!

Regards
ASD

(AssortedStuff) #2

I’ve noticed that just yesterday. I was looking around just to make sure.

(light_sh4v0r) #3

Has been like that for a very long time :frowning:

(ASD) #4

yes definitly not new feature

(ASD) #5

last time again…

(happypenguin) #6

Hey guys, yea Underground particularly suffers from the current, very simple occlusion system which doesn’t take into account enough variables (walls thickness, number of obstacles encountered etc). This means that the current value is a happy medium that works for most maps like Bridge or Dome, but definitely fails to deliver on maps like Underground. With the current system, increasing occlusion would mean not being able to hear a sniper that could be just around the corner, making it sound as if he was inside of a building in the distance. A new system has been proposed to take into account how sound would travel across maps in a more accurate and versatile way. Hopefully this will be addressed soon enough, bare with me in the meantime, I’ll keep you posted!

(ASD) #7

Hi happypenguin,

thx for your reply and having a look into this

Regards
ASD