Summer Squash Part III Update Notes - 06/10/2016

(Chris Mullins) #1

We’re slashing bugs like it’s nobody’s business! This update rounds off our bug-focused Summer Squash - We’ve squeezed tons of fixes into this release, so we’ll let them speak for themselves.

//youtu.be/3X3hFJUBpZY

The cavalry is also on the horizon - Our next release is a map optimization pass that’s laser-focused on framerate improvements in matches, and DirectX9EX support for menu and match performance is also in the works. Keep your eye on our Youtube channel for more information in the coming weeks.

General

[ul]
[li]Made numerous general optimization improvements
[/li][li]Greatly reduced negative framerate spikes caused by players joining the game or switching Mercs
[/li][li]Improved performance of the post-game Lobby screen in Matchmade games
[/li][li]Reduced the memory usage of many different audio files
[/li][li]Made several improvements to the death ghost system, making them more reliable and less likely to show bullets passing through walls
[/li][li]Added Jackal and CDA headers to the two teams in the Lobby
[/li][li]After dropping a Carryable Objective using Alternate Fire, the previously selected item will now be chosen (rather than Primary)
[/li][li]Increased Merc selection time in Ranked lobbies to 50s (from 25s)
[/li][LIST]
[li]The extra time will allow for a more strategy when planning your team selection
[/li][/ul]
[li]Added a HUD indicator for when network conditions are considered poor
[/li][ul]
[li]Our initial values can be tweaked in a future update if required
[/li][/ul]
[li]Disabled & removed the ‘Motion-Blur Skinning’ video option as it had no effect in-game
[/li][li]Removed several minor environmental effects on ‘Low’ and ‘Minimal’ graphics settings (plastic bags, pigeons, etc.)
[/li][li]Alt-F4 will no longer close down the game
[/li][ul]
[li]This is to discourage rage-quitting, as it prevents closing the game instantly
[/li][/ul]
[li]Players are now only able to vote once for a Map in the Lobby
[/li][ul]
[li]This is to stop players from spamming the map vote or changing their vote at the last second
[/li][/ul]
[li]Added Friends support to the post game Lobby in Matchmade games
[/li][li]Added player-muting support to the post game Lobby in Matchmade games
[/li][li]Added player reporting to the post game Lobby in Matchmade games
[/li][/LIST]

Bug Fixes

[ul]
[li]Fixed several commonly reported crashes
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Kira’s character model could be corrupted when crouching or incapped, and viewed from a distance
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Redeye was unable to disable IR Goggles when they were nearly out of charge
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players would sometimes instantly respawn when fully killed, regardless of spawn wave timers
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players on MGs were not affected by Molotovs and Healing Stations
[/li][LIST]
[li]Phoenix’s Healing Pulse does not yet affect players on MGs - we will address this in a future update
[/li][/ul]
[li]Fixed bug where crouching could sometimes cancel a reload
[/li][li]Fixed bug where firing a Shotgun once could consume two shells
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Ammo Stations and Ammo Caches could provide Ammo through walls
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Molotov flames wouldn’t gib incapped enemies
[/li][li]Fixed bug where enemy indicators would sometimes be visible through Smoke
[/li][li]Fixed bug where weapon switches could occur with no player input during high network packet loss
[/li][li]Fixed several issues with preset graphics options applying incorrect settings
[/li][li]Fixed bug where ‘unknown’ was listed for the player name when they joined a game
[/li][li]Fixed bug where unsent chat messages were not saved when returning to the lobby
[/li][li]Fixed bug where melee attack animations would sometimes not be visible on other players
[/li][li]Fixed bug where ‘TEXTFIELD’ could display on players’ death ghosts
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players could not see the Merc selections of others during the Merc selection phase
[/li][ul]
[li]Merc selection is still hidden for the enemy team in Matchmade games
[/li][/ul]
[li]Fixed bug where teamkills were not punished with negative XP in Ranked
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players banned from a match would be asked if they wanted to reconnect
[/li][li]Fixed bug that would cause numbers on the settings screen to be displayed with excessive numerical accuracy
[/li][li]Fixed bug where game music would still play when watching YouTube videos in-game
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the game would say ‘has left the game’ without a player name
[/li][li]Fixed bug where un-muted players could generate duplicate chat messages
[/li][li]Fixed bug where incapacitated Merc bodies would sometimes rotate on the floor
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players were seeing the incorrect Jackal/CDA loading screen in Matchmade games
[/li][li]Fixed bug where extra brackets could appear around Clan Tags in join/leave messages in Matchmade games
[/li][li]Fixed bug where new players were defaulting to ‘Custom’ graphics options
[/li][/LIST]

Notable Known Issues

[ul]
[li]Several key environmental effects that play during cinematics are missing on ‘Low’ and ‘Minimal’ graphics settings (explosions, etc.)
[/li][/ul]

(AssortedStuff) #2

I subscribed, where can I get Aura and Skyhammer?! Trollface

(Chris Mullins) #3

Huehue. We just delivered them right to your Barracks :wink:

(ASD) #4

me 2 but i have already aura… can i have etqw technician instead?

(BomBaKlaK) #5

Reload glitch
High ping
hit detection
collision bug
can’t kick a spec even with 10/5 votes …
etc …

still a lot of thing happen …

did you really squash ?

Maps ? do we need to wait one more year ?

(Dawnlazy) #6

Terribly buggy and performance lowering update, frametime is somehow even worse now, was having 30ms spikes then, now I’m having 50ms frametime spikes and even occasional 150+ms frametime.

(FantasticMango) #7

Always had 150fps constant locked on all maps before. Absolutely crisp.
Then the new patch came out and now I have godawful input lag. I have changed all the settings that were reset to what they were before.
All my engine config stuff is set from the in-game menu so I’m not using some esoteric setting that’s breaking the game.
It feels like my mouse is in molasses and something went really wrong with this new patch. Having zero fun playing. I can only imagine how this will fare for the two tournaments this weekend.

(ragnak) #8

If you add more bugs to the game in patches that are suppose to be focused on fixing bugs then its just sad. Can you already officially confirm that there is 2 people working on DB at the moment and that you are closing game servers in early 2017 ?

Yea, i already think that DB is a dead failed project but deep inside i still want it to work, but every ****ing single patch you just make it worse.

Sound ****ing suck, you do nothing.
Tons of bugs, you pretend to fix them while adding more in the process.
Game feel like a **** when below 120fps, but most people cant even go past 100 because of ****ty optimization (which was suppose to be ****ing better this patch but its worse, GG).
You ****ed up crafting, FOR NO ****ING REASON AT ALL. There is no progression, silver and golds are worthless and every time you craft something you didnt want you just lose credits(because there is no ****ing progression).

There is multiple warpers on every server, every time i play the game. How come i never seen a warper in overwatch ? NOT A SINGLE ONE. On that note i dont think i seen one in Paladins either. How come everyone is warping constantly in DB ? How broken this game needs to be ?
Why is hit detection ****ing worse again, how can you break something every second patch ? I dont understand i really ****ing dont.

Its over a year since open beta started and aside from execution we still have no new content, not even a single map, not even a single merc this is just sad. Paladins in 3 weeks made more progress than DB in a year, how do you do it ? Is dirty bomb a social experiment ? Do you check how salty people need to be before they turn into savages ? The worse thing is that you barely changed anything that people asked about.

We still have hud elements blocking vision on objective (which would take you a grand total of ing 5 minutes to do), you didnt hide levels because " you", we still have some place holders for animations on air support abilities and just so many more that it hurts.

If you did rollback this update i might actually think you care, but i know you wont.

Also, inb4 “Its just a beta”.

(Nail) #9

time for you to try another game, you don’t seem to like this one

(ragnak) #10

I knew that you are going to show up, not write anything of a value and drop a negative reputation on me because i already wrote “its just a beta” so you had nothing else to write.

GG nail.

(Nail) #11

you seem to have a lot of negativity these days, it’s said that’s bad for you. You seem happy with Overwatch and Paladins, it’s odd you don’t stay with them
and yes, spewing butthurt crap will get you negative reputation

edit:

“People like you are the reason why there is so many ****ty games ;(”

you give me far too much credit

(ragnak) #12

I start to think that you are literally insane.

(Apples) #13

Cant comment because I cant play the game ^^ Just had a connection back and it’s impossible to play, I start the game with 80 ping (which is already bad) but the ping increase till 120 / 130 and the game is laggy to the point I bsod, havent any other game on my pc yet but I’ll try to see if the problem is on my end or only in DB.

(light_sh4v0r) #14

Hai Apples, it’s been a while :slight_smile:

(Chris Mullins) #15

We’ve definitely added a few issues with the latest update which was never our intention. Now we’re currently collating those and will be tackling them in a hotfix ASAP. The whole purpose of the Summer Squash is to remove issues, not create them and we’re working hard to fix them as soon as we can.