Team shuffle bug???

(DB Genome editor) #1

I have to assume this is a bug of some sort because I just can’t imagine how this could have been “working as intended”…

Today, I played a round of stopwatch where a series of incredible things happened. When I joined the server, there were these 2 guys on the other team with the same clan tags which were dominating the scoreboard by a landslide. These guys were wrecking everyone, getting hackused and all that (although I think they were just both very, very good), really making the match unbalanced for the rest of us.

So someone called a vote to shuffle which passed (first unusual occurrence!). But these 2 guys still end up in the same team, so the game continues to be totally one-sided. So another shuffle is called, and it also passes (?!?!), But those guys still end up in the same team (?!?!?!?!?). By the time the game ended, we had gone through 3 team shuffles (yes, believe it or not there was yet another successful vote!) and every time the top 2 players were put in the same team together :confused:.

And this was a full server, so there was no quick team switching after the shuffle or anything like that, they were systematically shuffled in the same team 3 times despite being the 2 best players on the server. And I’m not kidding when I say they were much better than the rest of us:

So is the team shuffle totally random and it was just dumb luck? Or is it actually trying to balance the teams and failing miserably?

(Mustang) #2

This.

I’ve had similar matches, 2/3 shuffles and the teams remain 90% the same and still imbalanced.

(AssortedStuff) #3

If any of the names were c0d and sealt (or jinglst) they have no sense of sportsmanship and they always stack together in the same team (…ruining the game for everyone else). Cannot acuse of cheating (as I have no proof) but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did, as they are usually at the top of the scoreboard.
In public matches when they end up on different teams one will spectate until they can switch. Always.
I’d say their immaturity stems from their young age (the way they talk and behave leads me to think they’re kids).
Personally, I wish there was a way to prevent such behaviour, as there isn’t I just switch servers when I come across them.

(DB Genome editor) #4

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;558706]If any of the names were c0d and sealt (or jinglst) they have no sense of sportsmanship and they always stack together in the same team (…ruining the game for everyone else). Cannot acuse of cheating (as I have no proof) but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did, as they are usually at the top of the scoreboard.
In public matches when they end up on different teams one will spectate until they can switch. Always.
I’d say their immaturity stems from their young age (the way they talk and behave leads me to think they’re kids).
Personally, I wish there was a way to prevent such behaviour, as there isn’t I just switch servers when I come across them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I’ve seen that sort of thing too and I find it despicable, but in my case the guys didn’t even have to resort to tricks like spectating until a slot opens on his buddy’s team, they were always shuffled together…:frowning: