Casual Matchmaking Test - Feedback/Bug Megathread

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

First of all, thank you for taking part in our Casual Matchmaking test. Please leave all of your feedback, thoughts and advice in this thread! Casual Matchmaking will be live for you to test from 17:00 - 20:00 UTC+1.

Before you make a post please do a quick check to see if anyone else has reported the issue you have experienced. If so, simply up-vote their comment and we’ll know the severity of issues.

Format bug reports: When putting a bug into the comments below make sure that you give us as much information as you can. If you can remember any of the events leading up to the issue it can help us find the cause quicker.

[list][]Type of Bug: Eg. Gameplay bug, HUD and in game UI, Frontend UI etc.
[
]Description: Describe what the bug is and what happened in the moments leading up to and after the incident.
[]Video / Screenshot: If you can grab a screenshot (which you can do through steam) or a video recording of the issue it would be useful for us.
[
]Steps to reproduce: List the steps that lead up to the bug. Try not to leave any information out, every step can be useful!
[]Result: What happened after you experienced the bug.
[
]Expected result: What you believe should have happened if there was no bug.
[*]Reproduction rate: How many times out of 10 have you experienced this issue? (1/10 - 10/10)[/list]

Copy the text below and use it to fill in your details:

Type of Bug:
Description:
Video / Screenshot:
Steps to reproduce:
Result:
Expected result:
Reproduction rate:

Performance/Graphical Issues: If you are experiencing either performance or graphical related issues, please also add your System Specification to your bug report including: Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, HDD/SSD, Motherboard, Sound Card and even drivers etc.
We’ll be going through each and every bug which is posted here. If you don’t get a reply, don’t worry. Just rest assured knowing we have made note of your issue and it will be addressed when possible.
Thank you for helping us make Dirty Bomb a cleaner place (that sounds wrong but you know what I mean).

(Rosskii) #2

Well I was exited to try it, until I realized its only for Objective and Execution. I do not play these game types, even if the game trys to force me with the missions. I play stopwatch and I am wondering why there is no casual for stopwatch? I would play ranked, but either the game is dead or the match making algorithm is bugged, so I will not sit in a queue for 45 minutes while I watch youtube, waiting for a game. Let down yet again :frowning:

(MarsRover) #3
Type of Bug: No match servers are available

Description: After the countdown in lobby ends the game boots me back to the previous screen with the info "No match servers are available"

Video / Screenshot: none really needed, I think?

Steps to reproduce: Click "Casual Match"

Result: The game boots me back to the previous screen with the info "No match servers are available"

Expected result: Match servers are available?

Reproduction rate: 7 tries in a row, the 8th found a server

Edit:

Seems to be working fine now, found 3 games in a row.

(p1ckLe_) #4

I have been trying for 30 minutes to get in to a game with no luck. I have made it in to a lobby three times. Twice it kicked me back to the party lobby, alone, and cold and said player_disconnected, another time it was the someone else had lost connection and it killed the whole lobby.

From the seconds of conversation in the lobby when I did make it in there, it doesn’t seem like anyone is able to play. One fellow says that he was able to play 1 round and then was kicked, but so far… it’s about to be 3 hours of not much dirty bomb being played.

Short clip of one of the encounters on my plays acnt.

(poiSon-) #5

Is the system based off of levels? If so it is nearly impossible to find a balanced match in the high level zone (40+). I’d rather the system would be based off of the profile stats that is just sitting around being normally just used to look back. Implementing a skill system would be good.

(MarsRover) #6
Type of Bug: Frontend UI, I hope!
Description: Earned credits at the end game screen display only base credit gain, without missions, first play bonuses, [b]boosters[/b]
Video / Screenshot: not needed?
Steps to reproduce: don't be a d*ck and finish a game 
Result: see description
Expected result: moar creditz
Reproduction rate: always

@NoOne - this is a bug thread

(ultramarineBoss) #7

[left]Ok first of all, it worked fine for me.
Queued with a friend and never waited for more that 2 min. Nice! Though I have to say the balance wasn’t that great, still one team wrecked the other more or less.

But here some things I don’t like:

• No stopwatch available
  • If someone leaves the pre-game lobby, you have to start looking for a game from the beginning. Why can’t the game just look for another fitting player?
  • The final match summary is not handy at all. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but come on! No simple K/D charts like we used to know (and love) it?
    And the extra information profiles are great, but to read (and process) all of it you really need more time in the past-game lobby. You also could simply allow the player to choose when he wants to quit it.

[/left]

(aminuseternal) #8

Type of Bug: In game menu

Description: unable to swap teams when opposing team was missing two players(map terminal, server: EU- EU match-server-88-objective ) In hindsight I did not attempt to switch to spectator to see if that was not working as well.

Video / Screenshot: none will attempt to reproduce and record if possible

Steps to reproduce: have two players leave on the attaker side, then attempt to have someone switch over from defenders to attackers.

Result: players that left did not return, leaving the attacking team at a disadvantage and was easily beaten, as a result of not having a vote shuffle system, and being unable to have anyone change teams.

Expected result: Being able to change teams without problem.

Reproduction rate: 1/10

(buriedOasis) #9

This is not a bug but my opinion so not bothered formatting!

THIS IS PAINFUL, SLOW, ANNOYING.

If you implement it I will leave

(yesser) #10

reasons why there is no stopwatch in the test is to group the players more so more chance to find a game faster and therefore more data from the test + if objective work stopwatch will too

(Sithas) #11

I’m one of those people that actually enjoy the 8vs8 matches, i hope that in the future i can choose those matches too with casual matchmaking, because forcing me to play 5vs5/6vs6 will make me outright stop playing the game. I just enjoy the chaos the 8vs8 matches create in this game.

(Chris Mullins) #12

CMM is only going to be 6v6. there will be servers in Server Browser though for you to play on which will have a variety of servers available.

(Xenithos) #13

Type of Bug: Pre-game Lobby Chat highlighting
Description:You can highlight all of the text people say and do in the pregame lobby. You can also copy, and paste it in the lobby AND IN GAME.
Video / Screenshot: First is screenshot of highlighting.[spoiler]
https://gyazo.com/5091583260943c46238f80438ecb0295.png
[/spoiler] Second is screenshot of it being copied and pasted by someone else.
[spoiler]https://gyazo.com/bd922c4f942bfc5000c5e95968c91b4d.png
[/spoiler]
Steps to reproduce: highlight text in screen shown.
Result: Text is highlighted and windows commands work with it.
Expected result: Text is not highlight-able.
Reproduction rate: 10/10 = Happens every time.

I figured this was Bug-enough to mention.

(SiegeFace) #14

Type of Bug: Unable to find server (execution)

Description: After matching and finding a lobby, the game wont find a server to actually
play a match. At least in execution, objective seems fine (played at least 10 matches in objective without any issues)

Video / Screenshot: N/A

Steps to reproduce: Search for execution game

Result: Lobby found, Server non existent, lobby “times out” after a period of time.

Expected result: Game to be played ; )

Reproduction rate: 1 out of 2 attempts to find a game of execution, just posting on behalf of everyone from the 2 execution lobbies I have joined, due to complaints from almost everyone in the lobby via the chat. They also seemed unaware about the CMM Test ; (

Seems fine in objective though, found a game in under a minute everytime with no issues other than previously mentioned quitters and not being able to switch teams or replace the leavers with fresh players (unless that is a feature that isn’t working)

(Xenithos) #15

Also worthy of mention: You cannot change regions once in lobby, but you can change regions before creating a lobby.
ALSO, the settings glows white instead of gray when not searching for a match. (When I tried to change the region…) Not sure if whiteness is a bug or not:
https://gyazo.com/2d58fe7717967cd61ae151e4d307a029.png
https://gyazo.com/da7defedbe8d6116b559ebc59ba720cf.png
Not knowing where to change region means most of all players were in the EU region. I had someone complain about it in match as well:

(Teflon Love) #16

Played about 15 matches (Objective only, no Execution).

General feedback: Finding a match worked pretty well, took about 1 or 2 minutes mostly. Connecting worked pretty well too, 1 disconnect after lobby and 1 flaky server. Balance was lackluster but not completely catastrophic, i’d say 3 GG, 5 meh and the rest BG with 1 spawn camp and 2 close to spawn camp. Which is a huge improved over my ranked experience. Nevertheless for now min level 10 servers usually give a better experience.

In 3 of the games we lost we had 1 or 2 obviously new players (Auras staring at the scenery), which is pretty much the same as an empty slot. Can’t blame the players for being new, but the impact on the balance is dreadful. Sorry that I can only offer that observation and nothing constructive on what to do about it.

I took some more detailed match notes which I stuffed inside the spoiler below to keeps this post short.

[spoiler=More detailed match notes]1st match: Chapel attack: connected within a few seconds. Started out rather painfully with 3 Proxies unable to repair the EV. Eventually one of the more skilled player started talking tactics and from then on it was pretty decent. We won with about a minute left. Rather big skill spread between individual players but balanced teams.

2nd match: had to wait a few minutes. One players failed to connect and the lobby disbanded

3rd macth: Underground defense: connected after a few seconds with most of the people from the 2nd match --> good thing. Match was uneven and over in less than 5 minutes, we were 1 down in the end. electricsheep defuse fail :wink:

4th match: Chapel attack: server (EU match server 29, 16:40 UTC) disconnects for several players. Tried to leave but only could exit the game and on restart exit again or resume. After 3 attempts decided to resume just in time when the game was finished, got 891 xp :smiley:

5th match: Underground attack: imbalanced mess. We had 2 auras that were standing around staring at the scenery. Once the c4 was planted, half of the team couldn’t find it to defend.

6th match: Trainyard attack: quite imbalanced.

7th match: Terminal defense; first match without electricsheep :wink: ; quite imbalanced, confused Auras again.

8th match: Chapel defense; teamed with a steam friend and another of his; we spawncamped the attackers, they never repaired the EV; sg :frowning:

9th match: Terminal defense; again teamed with 2; opponents had 4 players from the same (apparently casual) clan; they managed to plant a couple of times and even took forward spawn twice but never blew up the wall; IMHO meh game but opponents seemed to have fun and GGed it

10th match; Underground defense; teamed again; strange match; lost 1st obj within 2:30 but then held the 2nd until the other team surrendered about 1 minute before time ran out. Found it pretty decent.

11th match: Underground attack; imbalanced, blew through it in a couple of minutes

12th match; Terminal defense; randoms vs OCB; lost after a decent fight; both sides found it ggwp

Remaining 3 matches were meh, no new insights
[/spoiler]

(grapeOfficer) #17

I found a text error, look at the yellow box.
https://postimg.org/image/3qix949hh/

(SnakekillerX) #18

No sir, I don’t like it.

Took a long time to find matches, pings varied from low to high, and one team completely stomped the other in each match I played. Hope today’s test at least helped with getting the info needed to improve it.

So long as the regular server browser will always remain an option then I’ll continue to play.

(doxjq) #19

@Xenithos you can change regions once you’re in the lobby can’t you? The big yellow “CHANGE” button up the top next to match settings is where you do it. It confused me first time around too because I didn’t know it moved.

(Noblemight) #20

Will the final product match groups? Otherwise it will feel like a meat grinder every match.

Also players need better prompts for setting up the queue so they don’t end up routed to one region by default.

I am sure the lack of a stopwatch mode was just to help direct traffic better. I wish the test lasted all day as the time slot was very selective. Also it felt like the reward for helping with this test was a feeling of inadequacy. cough bribe your players heavy cough.