HUD and Menu Bugs in French Version

(DB Genome editor) #1

Despite Rookie’s advice, I’ve had a look at the French version of the game and picked up nearly 30 problems after a quick scan of the menus and only 2 rounds in-game :frowning:

So here we go:

Home menu:

• Text wrapping in mission description splitting the XP value. If all else fails, better to write those without the space separator than ending up with a split like that…
  • “Missions chargées dans” implies that your missions are not currently loaded or active. it should say “rechargées” (reloaded) or “mises à jour” (updated).
  • Next level XP info breaking out of frame

Profile menu:

• Info not fitted properly in frames

• I’m sure you can come up with a better name for the “Can’t Touch this” badge than repeating most of its actual description… “Intouchable” (untouchable) would do, although it lack a bit of flare…

Server browser:

• The text for the “No password” filter overlapps into the ping filter options.

• This game status translates to “Volumetric fog”, how this got there is beyond me… By elimination I figured out that this is supposed to be the translation for the “just started” status.

HUD:

• Incomplete objective text

• Incomplete respawn message

• Incomplete objective instructions

• Vote text sticking out of the frame

• “Page Down” does what exactly?

• Although in the right context it can mean “skill” as well, “capacité” also litteraly translates to “capacity”, so here the statement suggests that the teams will be shuffled to balance the number of players not the skill levels. “Compétence” would be a better choice here.

• The system announcements regarding dissabling shuffles and restarts say “…3s minutes…” and “…4s minutes…”, no idea why there would be “s” after these numbers…

• The system announcement there translates to “Random shuffle vote has failed”. Now maybe this is an unintended leak and the shuffle is indeed totally random rather than skilled-based, but if it is not the case you might want to rephrase that so that it doesn’t give that impression…
  • Round objective doesn’t fit properly, that last word there should be “pylônes”

• Missing translation In Execution

Consistency of terminology and other translation errors:

I’m not going to mention every instance, but there are a lot of places where different translations are used for the same term. There are also cases where the same term is sometimes translated, sometimes the original English term is used. There are also a few cases in the menu where the terms are bracketed with “!!!” to flag them as still untranslated.

• “fusil de chase” / “fusil à pompe” (shotgun): I believe the correct translation here would be “fusil de chase” but mainly because of the Ahnhuld which is not pump-action

• “mêlée” / “corps à corps” (melee) noticed in the key settings menu

• “!!! Quick Chat !!!” in key settings menu

• “!!! Animation Quality !!!” in advanced video settings

• “Décalcs” / “Décals” in advanced video settings (as far as I know the first one is not even a word, should be spelled “Décalques”)

• Thunder’s phrase in is merc profile says “C’est juste un job, c’est un art” (“It’s just a job, it’s art”), it should be something like “Ce n’est pas juste un job,…” (It’s not just a job,…")

• The translation of the Revenge badge says “Tuer votre Némésis dominante”. While it may well be a female nemesis, the word is still masculine, so it should be “dominant”.

• The translation of the Rain of Fire badge omits the “…by dealing more than 50% damage…” part and actually states that at you have to disable 100% of the EV by yourself within 15s

• “Loadout cards” is left untranslated in most menus, but for instance in case descriptions “cartes d’équipement” is used

• The store’s “loadout packs” is translated for some mercs as “pack configuration” and for others as “pack d’équipement”

• Many merc abilities are used both in the original English or translated: Revive Gun, Proximity Mines, Healing Pulse, and I’m sure there are others I don’t recall or didn’t notice

• In the mercs section of the store, Sparks mouse-over text contains "

" [U][I](this is also present in the English version!)

[/I][/U]- The names of all the trinkets in the store are barcketed with “!!!” and so is Coalsplitter’s description

• In the Items menu, the “Featured” store teaser should translate to “En vedette” or something similar. The current “Avec” (with) is a valid translation of “Featured” only in the context of movie credits or some such.

(rookie1) #2

noooooo…pleasssssee…Stop !

(DB Genome editor) #3

[QUOTE=rookie1;558181]noooooo…pleasssssee…Stop !
[/QUOTE]
Pretty much my feeling after a few minutes, but then my OCD took over… :o

(ASD) #4

obsessive-compulsive disorder
or
on chip debug (system)

(DB Genome editor) #5

[QUOTE=ASD;558199]obsessive-compulsive disorder
or
on chip debug (system)[/QUOTE]
The first one :wink:

(AssortedStuff) #6

I noticed the locations on the mini map (lower left corner) are not translated.