Barracks: Marker for Amount of Items slightly confusing

(eitsch0r) #1

Hi guys …

please give the following screenshot half a minute or so just looking at the red boxes and my boxes and my added numbers and questionmark … and afterwards try to answer the questions under the picture FOR YOURSELF (i dont need an answer, just consider possible solutions for yourself). And after that have a design-huddle to converse about better solutions :cool:

1. If i have ONE new Item displayed in the BARRACKS Menu, why do i have “4 new Crafting Kits” and “2 new Weapon Kits” … and how long will this ONE stay displayed there?
  2. Do i get to see the “new items marker” on loadout cards or Mercs, too?
  3. Is this credit booster the cause for the “ones” at 1. and 2. in the picture?
  4. Why do the “kit amountdisplay markers” look like the “new stuff markers”?

Have fun pulling each others hairs out over that design huddle :stuck_out_tongue: (oh, snap, exe … wait. he is gifted with facial hair, isnt he? ducks.away)

Cheers
H

(Nail) #2

the red numbers are the numbers of crafting or weapons kits you have, the 1 is because you haven’t used the credit booster yet, after use the 1 shall wander off.
yes the 1’s are the credit booster

(DB Genome editor) #3

There is a consistency issue with what is accounted for or not in the total shown in the header. I can understand permanent items like trinkets not being counted, but why are some consumable items counted (cases and boosters) while others are not (crafting / weapon kits)? Personally I would prefer if the header counter only showed how many new items (of any type) you’ve acquired since you last opened the items menu.

(Chris Mullins) #4

Had a chat to the UI guys and they believe the counter isn’t taking Weapon or Crafting Kits into account.Good spot :slight_smile: It is now bugged and will be fixed in due course. Thanks for the post!

(eitsch0r) #5

I’d second that. Something along that line … now after having that single credit booser catching some dust in the inventory but still getting notified about its existence in the main/top menu is geting boring :slight_smile:

did not want to influence all’yalls 1337 ui design skills too heavily, so i only did put the questions there … but there might be something more to this than adding the kits to the counter. IMO Djiesse is on a good train of thought.

Cheers
H

(Chris Mullins) #6

It’s definitely a discussion point. I personally always like to have a counter when I have usable items, otherwise I forget if it disappears once I’ve looked at them once.

(FireWorks) #7

Personally Id rather see the counters also only for fresh items. Not sure why I should be mocked by weapon kits for half a year til i got 45 and then starting it over again. And I will also always have boosters waiting for the next bonus credit even.

(DB Genome editor) #8

But since you get new items regularly (e.g. cases), it’s not like you can forget for very long :wink:

(KeMoN) #9

Allow me to take a different approach here :wink:
Every mail provider has the functionality that you have a small counter at the ‘inbox’ tab. Exactly like the ‘Barracks’ and ‘Items’ menu tab. Once you open your inbox it shows you which mails are new/unread. The equivalent would be a small counter on every new/unused iteminyou ‘items’ menu. As far as I know you have to click on every kind of item before you use it and before you can actually use it, the game shows you a small pop-up with detailsabout the respective item. This pop-up is the equivalent of reading a mail and therefore the counter of it being new/unread/unused should disappear.
Now, every mail provider has a functionailty to ‘mark as unread’ in case it is an important mail, which you can’t act on now, but need to be reminded of later on.
So what we need to do, is get a third choice to the details pop-up: Open/Use - Cancel - Mark as new
In the item menu you have another function, maybe in form of a drop-down menu called ‘Notifications’ in which you can en-/disable radiobuttons for construcion kit, weapon kit, crates and boosters so you can disable kit counters when you are saving for the insane amount of 40something. Or in the case of kits you have further choice to set notification for reaching the different amounts necessary.

The counter on the kits should be in white in the upper left corner of the kit icon, to differentiate it from new item notifications.

Cheers

(ASD) #10

[QUOTE=KeMoN;557826]Allow me to take a different approach here :wink:
Every mail provider has the functionality that you have a small counter at the ‘inbox’ tab. Exactly like the ‘Barracks’ and ‘Items’ menu tab. Once you open your inbox it shows you which mails are new/unread. The equivalent would be a small counter on every new/unused iteminyou ‘items’ menu. As far as I know you have to click on every kind of item before you use it and before you can actually use it, the game shows you a small pop-up with detailsabout the respective item. This pop-up is the equivalent of reading a mail and therefore the counter of it being new/unread/unused should disappear.
Now, every mail provider has a functionailty to ‘mark as unread’ in case it is an important mail, which you can’t act on now, but need to be reminded of later on.
So what we need to do, is get a third choice to the details pop-up: Open/Use - Cancel - Mark as new
In the item menu you have another function, maybe in form of a drop-down menu called ‘Notifications’ in which you can en-/disable radiobuttons for construcion kit, weapon kit, crates and boosters so you can disable kit counters when you are saving for the insane amount of 40something. Or in the case of kits you have further choice to set notification for reaching the different amounts necessary.

The counter on the kits should be in white in the upper left corner of the kit icon, to differentiate it from new item notifications.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

+1
10 char

(Exedore) #11

It’s a bug, and Ducks has fixed it. Hopefully will be in Summer Squash Part III.

(eitsch0r) #12

[QUOTE=Exedore;557849][…] and Ducks has fixed it. […][/QUOTE]thank you Ducks!

[QUOTE=Exedore;557849]Hopefully will be in Summer Squash Part III.[/QUOTE] HopefullyYay! \o/ (depending on the “it”)