Those self-arming prox mines

(Chronicler) #1

It seems that some people playing Proxy decide to kill you simply by throwing a mine at you, I got tired of it pretty fast.

I’ve never played Proxy myself, and it seems that when some put a mine down it takes some time to self-arm, but when others do it it’s like insta-kill when they throw a mine at you in battle.

Maybe make mines not be self-arming?

They shoot their own mines to skip the auto-arming delay. Sometimes your own teammates shoot the unarmed mine under your feet. The lock-on augment also speeds up the reaction time of the mine.

(alphabeta) #3

This is a very competitive play technique for Proxy, and I find it highly effective (I would guess that’s why you find it so annoying), especially considering Proxy’s low HP. You can easily defeat even Thunder or Rhino with a mine detonation and a few well placed bullets. :slight_smile:

(Szakalot) #4

its competitive play except no one in their right mind would use proxy in competitve : D

(Mustang) #5

Would feel even worse if they didn’t explode when shot.

(Glottis-3D) #6

Ill take it as a complement!

(light_sh4v0r) #7

Yeah you’re not in your right mind, that’s definitely a compliment :tongue:

(Chronicler) #8

Yeah, this is what I considered as well, but on some people I don’t see the pistol/rifle coming up, and I hear no shot, maybe it’s so quick you won’t have time to see it >_>.