Future of the DB

(_milla) #1

I dont want to sound as a wicked witch but I have that feelings in my knees that its falling down. Whats current roadmap? I mean, is there some marketing team, propaganda planned? Some grand opening when beta will finish?

(wolfETplayer) #2

I also have some doubts. Hopefully release will put everyting on its place. And yes, there is a lack of tranparency. We don’t even know when this BETA will end. SD made no statements about which update is a line between beta and release. I hope it is a turtle update which probably gonna be released this year.

(Szakalot) #3

it all hinges on the matchmaking tbh.

Game is a gem when it works right. Its just that there are many things that get in the way:

• wonky interface and interface bugs
  • random disconnects and server stuttering
  • bad match balance
  • few maps
  • recent crafting drama

Once these issues get resolved, it could easily bounce back and see glory. Question is whether things get fixed while there is still interest in the game

(Creeper_hunter) #4

dirty bomb is now dead . He died even before they come out of beta xD

(ZGToRRent) #5

K

(Mustang) #6

Also nothing to do with the thread, start your own thread if you want to moan about something unrelated, or even better keep it to yourself.

(Nail) #7

no point in you being here then.

the official trolling forum is here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/

(Creeper_hunter) #8

[QUOTE=Nail;557516]no point in you being here then.

the official trolling forum is here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/[/QUOTE]

I Replied to comment. i’m not kidding. i’ts real

(Szakalot) #9

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nail again.

(Creeper_hunter) #10

yes i think…

(Chronicler) #11

One thing they could do is make the maps a bit larger, add some Strogg and vehicles. That could be fun. We could call it ETQW 2 EDIT: (Name has already changed from Execution to Dirty Bomb once so, why not another change).

(wolfETplayer) #12

Yeah, it is kinda strange that after such games as Wolf ET and ETQW, which were featuring big open maps and even vehicles(etqw) Splash Damage switched to smaller maps without vehicles in Dirty Bomb.

P.S. Also I don’t think they can name the game as ETQW 2 cause it is IP of Bethesda now.

(rookie1) #13

You mean. .Extraction

(Chronicler) #14

You are right good sir.

I have been playing too much Execution mode lol.

(Nail) #15

actually it went from Dirty Bomb to Extraction back to Dirty Bomb

(_milla) #16

I so much wish for ETQW2 which probably will never happen.

(HDDECOR) #17

this game likely ddday

(Chronicler) #18

If we just keep wishing hard enough maybe it will become true.

(ASD) #19

You need to buy the companies… for this you nedd “some” money…

(Dawnlazy) #20

[QUOTE=Szakalot;557352]it all hinges on the matchmaking tbh.

Game is a gem when it works right. Its just that there are many things that get in the way:

• wonky interface and interface bugs
  • random disconnects and server stuttering
  • bad match balance
  • few maps
  • recent crafting drama

Once these issues get resolved, it could easily bounce back and see glory. Question is whether things get fixed while there is still interest in the game[/QUOTE]

I agree generally that those are issues that a lot of people find a turnoff, and would also like to add the serious optimization issues. Game has really inconsistent frame times, random freezes for me and many others, and excessively hogs the CPU while neglecting GPU power. So even if your PC is supposedly more than enough to handle a UE3 game at 144+ FPS, we still have to run potato configs since the game cannot properly utilize all of that hardware power and see the game look like a stuttery mess even when FPS counters show it past 200.