Execution - Bomb plant makes Bomb vanish

(eitsch0r) #1

Hi there,

i will try to explain what just happened to me on EU - EXECUTION 7VS7 - 17 at right about now. ca. 18:20 London Time

Map: Gallery
Merc: Bushwacker
Bombsites: equally bombeating

Was playing Execution as Bushwacker … approaching Bombsite as a pro, easily having deceived all enemies, placed turret perfectly to cover my plant.

Switching to bomb, starting placement progressbar. Placement succeeds … BOMB VANISHES … i get icon in lower right that reminds me that i am carrying bomb … tries to switch to bomb but it does not switch. we lose round after enemies approach bombsite and i stand around confused trying to switch to bomb somehow. On the plus side teammates took it rather cool (yet)

Next round same thing happens (also ofc the smooth af bomb placement precautions:cool: ) but sadly bomb again vanishes and i am again not able to switch back to it.

Now team starts to get a bit nervous.

/me, totally willing to take one for the team, again gets gifted evil “sticky bomb” and tries to suicide with /kill to make the bomb available to the team from the getgo … but to no avail (some nice mate told me later that suicide is no option in execution). So i stay at spawn trying to figure out how to drop said bomb.

Tried to explain said situation to my team of PUGs so that i am not branding my name as “the random moron who cannot plant” and after having quit head to the forums to write what you just read.

For more infos probably more testing would be needed, here i quickly wanted to write this story.

Cheers
H

/edit: Oh i forgot one important fact … after “planting” (when bomb vanished unre-switchable) when i got killed … i actually dropped said bomb to the ground. which made my team even more disbelieve my explanation of a “vanished bomb” :frowning:

(FireWorks) #2

This happens every match so far in at least one round. :frowning:
Very annoying…