Summer Squash - 28/07/2016

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all! Firstly, we want to thank you for playing Dirty Bomb, helping each other out, shooting each other in the face, showing noobs the ropes, and being an awesome and outspoken community in general.

We’ve been reflecting on how the Classy Art Hole update has gone so far, and while there have been positives, we feel that we need to be transparent about what we feel were some mis-steps on our part and how we’re going to do things a bit differently in the future.

Execution Mode

With the introduction of Gallery bumping us up to a total of three Execution maps, we’re drawing a line under the mode for a while. We’ll continue to fix bugs and optimise the Execution maps further, but now that we have a few maps for fans of the mode to enjoy, our focus will be primarily on Objective and Stopwatch modes – the core of Dirty Bomb.

Crafting

We still believe that Crafting is the future of the Loadout Card system, but we know how controversial it has been to many of you. It was a major failing on our part to not communicate the workings and values of the system much earlier than we did, for which we apologise and stress that it’s a mistake that we won’t make again. We feel that we did a much better job with preparing you for the introduction of 2nd Edition Loadout Cards, and will endeavor to be much closer to that level of communication for these sorts of features going forward.

As a way of an apology and a gesture of goodwill, for a week at the end of August (Aug 25th - Sep 1) we’ll be temporarily increasing the Fragments gained from Recycling by around 20%, reducing the Fragments needed to Craft by around 20%, and reducing Crafting Kit costs by around 40%. Alongside this, we’ll give you a Crate that contains the possibility of a variety of Crafting Kits, Weapon Kits, and Cases for every day you log in during this week. We want to give you a full month’s warning this time around, so that you can plan ahead with the management of your inventories.

We realise that this won’t address everybody’s concerns completely, but hope it’ll give you veterans a bit of a boost.

Credits Boosters

And speaking of boosts, we’re going to be lowering the price of all Credits Boosters for good in the next patch, as we feel that the new prices will provide better value for you. This does also mean that we’ll be removing 1 Hour Credits Boosters from Arsenal Crates! If you currently have an unopened Arsenal Crate, if you don’t open it until after this change it will update to the new version automatically.

Pricing changes:

[ul][li]1h Credits Booster – Removed entirely from Store and Arsenal Crates (if you have one already, it’ll be fine)
[/li][li]3h Credits Booster – Reduced to $0.79 (from $1.49)
[/li][li]6h Credits Booster – Reduced to $1.49 (from $2.99)
[/li][li]12h Credits Booster – Reduced to $2.49 (from $5.99)
[/li][li]18h Credits Booster – Reduced to $3.49 (from $7.99)[/ul]
[/li]
Removed from Arsenal Crates:

[ul][li]1h Credit Booster
[/li][li]3h Credits Booster
[/li][li]5x Equipment Cases[/ul]
[/li]
Summer Squash

Which leads us to what we’re doing now. We agree with the opinion voiced by many of you that splitting our efforts across maintaining the game, creating complex events and implementing new features has come at a cost for Dirty Bomb’s core gameplay, especially in the areas of performance and bugs.

We’ve decided to put most of our feature work on the back burner and focus the team on improving the game’s performance, fixing bugs and improving balance in a push we’re dubbing our ‘Summer Squash’. We don’t yet know how long this will be for, as we have bug fix and performance targets that we want to hit first and foremost. Our aim is to release fairly regular updates which you will hopefully feel improves the game substantially.

We know that you want fresh content to sink your teeth into, but we hope you agree that improving the foundation of the game is essential before we can build more on top of it. We want to keep you in the loop during this process as much as we can, and will be sharing in the small wins and in the bigger victories with you as we go. We thank you as always for your continued support!

(ASD) #2

finaly you got it!
put this eyecandy stuff some steps back and focus on the balance and bugs and also have a look at thos cheaters who try to destroy the game.

–> (Aug 25th - Sep 1) luck… i will sit on the beach NOT playing DB but sand :slight_smile:

(Glottis-3D) #3

halleluiah!!!
great news!!

(light_sh4v0r) #4

I approve

(montheponies) #5

If the core included maps for SW I would completely agree. But being blunt the lack of new content for this mode is desperate.

(Szakalot) #6

this is all good.

However, crafting still lacks any progression which is a BIG deal. Previously, one would amass bronze&silver&gold, and once in a while craft a cobalt; while still retaining a hefty&shiny stack of loadouts.

The current system feels more like trade-in. You recycle cards in hope of getting something you like. If you don’t like it - your stack of cards just lost value.

Trade-up had that going for it, that even if you do not like the card, it is still an addition to your stash - the overall value of the collection has not dropped.

When the system was up, I tried crafting a cobalt RedEye I would like. 100k credits and 46k fragments later I still don’t have the cobalt - but now my stack is looking much worse for it. This discourages people from the system, and makes it feel like a big grind&ripoff.

(ZGToRRent) #7

Good news but I’m dissapointed that I can’t buy Weapon kits in store… You can earn a lot of money by doing that :slight_smile:

(Nail) #8

it’s beta, I ain’t doing anything till release

(Nail) #9

I traded for a couple bronzes

(frizzkun) #10

Is the One hour boostas Removal update now live?

(BomBaKlaK) #11

Nope I just won 1 few minutes ago …

(alphabeta) #12

I just leveled up and got a one hour credit booster in my arsenal crate (Aug. 16, 2016) ! Thought this was “fixed”?? SD you can make it up to me by gifting me a Cobalt Proxy :slight_smile:

(DB Genome editor) #13

Did you see a game update since Shoe announced the upcoming change “in the next patch”…??

(FireWorks) #14

They even made a public announcement 1 month ahead so people have a chance to save up their stuff…

(alphabeta) #15

There was a game maintenance patch already on August 11th. Thats why I was surprised. But I learned my lesson; I’ll save my Arsenal Crates just like the >200 lead cards I have to recycle.