disabled gaming

(darkco1a) #1

Hai :smiley:
Been a LONG TIME-
anyways, decided to see where DBomb was in regards to wiimote- so after putting together all new codework:
I’ll have 3 videos up showing its use. One being live which is up already:

The reason why I post this- is to ask the following:

• would you all support an effort to improve gaming for disabled gamers to make them competitive in titles like this one?
  • This is the reason why I am doing this actually- I AM a physician and am working with disabilities and disabled patients- and gaming- is a great way to get them better :smiley:

(Nail) #2

as I mentioned to you before, SD is quite involved with http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/ , so as long as nexon doesn’t object, there may be support closer to release

(AssortedStuff) #3

Speaking of disabilities.
I cannot use the keyboard for gaming (wrist problems) so the solution I came up with years ago was to use a gamepad for movement (WASD) and the mouse on my right hand.
…with my left hand I use the left side of the gamepad.

Recently I’ve joined a project on Kickstart for a controller by the name of Grifta - Morphing Gamepad.
As it will allow me to do what I already do with a gamepad but I’ll have more keys available to my left hand.
Which would be good in games such as R6 Siege, which have a lot of movement options on the keyboard which I cannot map on to a regular gamepad.
Looks good on paper, I hope it delivers.

Not meaning to derail your thread, it just seemed relevant to the subject of disabled gamers.