Small rant about updates

(Jostabeere) #1

Since I reach the devs more likely here than on Nexons side, I have one wish:
Can you please not screw up all user settings like visuals, audio settings and controls when you update the game?
Thanks and have a nice Day

(ZGToRRent) #2

What do you mean? Do backup of your config and replace it every update.

(FireWorks) #3

Oh look the cancer from the Nexon forums made it here! You already feel offended and call for a mod?

Set them to read-only. Simple as that.

inb4 blabla i should not need blabla
Yes, you do. Its Ue3, deal with it.

(Jostabeere) #4

[QUOTE=FireWorks;555546]Oh look the cancer from the Nexon forums made it here! You already feel offended and call for a mod?

Yes, you do. Its Ue3, deal with it.[/QUOTE]
No. Just sended-in a report.

(Nail) #5

[QUOTE=FireWorks;555546]Oh look the cancer from the Nexon forums made it here! You already feel offended and call for a mod?

Yes, you do. Its Ue3, deal with it.[/QUOTE]

gee, not too offensive, you need to chill Fireworks

(eitsch0r) #6

yeah, chill a bit. i am not in your shoes but maybe you are getting a bit ahead of things?

just imagine that maybe not everyone knows what to set to readonly and where … (i also might be a bit biased as i am a bit picky about having gotten my binds reset, too)

i also would think that despite updating keeping your settings is a really expectable use-case. why should something that worked before and was not changed now not work anymore? just sayin’

(ASD) #7

attention… realy stupid/bad comparison:
so you update your Mail-client and all your mails are gone? not what you expect…
you uodate your MSOffice or openoffice … and all your documents are destroyed and reset to default (empty templates)… also not what you expect…

I install allot of **** on my PC… also some games… but DB is the first one destroying everytime my bindings… and i realy dont understand why this is the case… thy is the game destroying user settings … sure you can bring new default settings but if some one changed the settings… dont touch it!

Regards
ASD