Single Player trickjump missions? [Help]

(kragle2014) #1

Hi,

I don’t know if anyone has attempted to do this but I have given it a lot of thought since I have started playing RTCW on the AoD TJ 1.0 server. I think it could be fun to try and map something like this but having only mapped Multiplayer on Wolfenstein ET, it is very daunting…

Would anyone be able to pull a nice straight forward tutorial from somewhere I can follow to get things setup like for instance: AI bots, Cameras, Cutscenes, Objectives, Keys for doors, end of level scripts that move it onto another level or cutscene? I have wanted to try for a while but always found it hard to find resources to learn from since the game is over 10 years old now :frowning:

Agreed, my efforts will be poor… But I thought it could be a change from the norm :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Kragle

(ronboy) #2

[QUOTE=kragle2014;555015]Hi,

I don’t know if anyone has attempted to do this but I have given it a lot of thought since I have started playing RTCW on the AoD TJ 1.0 server. I think it could be fun to try and map something like this but having only mapped Multiplayer on Wolfenstein ET, it is very daunting…

Would anyone be able to pull a nice straight forward tutorial from somewhere I can follow to get things setup like for instance: AI bots, Cameras, Cutscenes, Objectives, Keys for doors, end of level scripts that move it onto another level or cutscene? I have wanted to try for a while but always found it hard to find resources to learn from since the game is over 10 years old now :frowning:

Agreed, my efforts will be poor… But I thought it could be a change from the norm :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Kragle[/QUOTE]

Hello, Kragle. Welcome to the world of Rtcw SP! :smiley:

It’s nice to see new people occasionally popping up with an interest in the SP portion of Rtcw. To answer your questions, this site has some great tutorials to get you started with mapping: http://www.surfacegroup.org/

This forum also has some great resources and tutorials: http://wolfmap.ru/forum/

You can register at this forum, and the language can be changed from Russian to English after registration.

I can also send you the email address of an amazing mapper that I personally know in a private message here, if you want. :slight_smile:

(kragle2014) #3

Hi RonBoy,

This looks like what I need to get started :slight_smile: thank you! Very detailed, I guess it is a mod folder or pk3 in the main folder to start off with to load the actual mod? First question I think would be, how to do I get the mod to load with the starting map but will have a search on the forum you said about first when I get a moment! I would like the email also :slight_smile: but I feel I would bug him/her a lot… maybe a Facebook chat message thing would do?

Thanks again

(ronboy) #4

[QUOTE=kragle2014;555019]Hi RonBoy,

This looks like what I need to get started :slight_smile: thank you! Very detailed, I guess it is a mod folder or pk3 in the main folder to start off with to load the actual mod? First question I think would be, how to do I get the mod to load with the starting map but will have a search on the forum you said about first when I get a moment! I would like the email also :slight_smile: but I feel I would bug him/her a lot… maybe a Facebook chat message thing would do?

Thanks again[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I’m always happy to help those who support Rtcw. :smiley:

Actually, the mapper (Vicpas) has a Facebook page here if you want to contact him: https://www.facebook.com/vicente.pasquino?fref=ts

I will send you a PM here with my email address, if you need to contact me for further information.