freezing a player

(Teuthis) #1

just have with great help from Niek the parachute spawn almost ready. Now I wonder whether there is an Option to freeze the Player for certain time. Actually despite fully functional, it Looks a bit strange if a solder is flying to earth on a parachute while still moving around. would be better to freeze the Player while flying but not sure if this is possible

(KeMoN) #2

Try putting a solid in the spawnbox. This way the player can’t move away from the spot, but still look around. Upon landing you can remove the solid and in theory the player would be free to move.
Do this either with a normal ‘script_mover’ or in case the player gets gibbed directly at spawn, put a ‘misc_gamemodel’ in place and clip it via ‘q3map_clipModel’.
It worked well on D-Day Assault as you can see in the attached screenshot.

(Teuthis) #3

Interesting. Will try right away

(Teuthis) #4

Doesn’t work unfortunately, when the solid brush moves, the soldiers ger smashed…

(KeMoN) #5

Probably would’ve been too easy.
I’m out of ideas and I think that this is just another limit where ET kicks the feet from under you.

(Mateos) #6

setstate targetname invisible

(TomTom7777) #7

silly thought…
Make the parachute connect to a basket or barrel or crate that the player rides in looking over the top. that would explain any damage protection longer than 3 seconds.