June Fine Tuning Update v58870 - 16/06/2016

(Chris Mullins) #1

We’ve had some big updates over the last few months, but our dedicated Proxy has her eye on a few changes that’s she’s just been killing to make. Take a peek at the changes to come with our latest Fine Tuning update!

XP Balance Pass

To help balance out XP earning rates between Mercs, a number of tweaks have been made to Ability XP values. Some Cooldown timers and Reclaim percentages have been adjusted to compensate.

Aimee

[ul][li]Increased ‘Spotted Assist’ to 100XP (from 70)
[/li][li]Increased enemy ‘Spotted’ to 40XP (from 20)
[/li][li]Reclaiming a SNITCH Device now returns 65% of the cooldown (from 80%)
[/li][/ul]
Arty

[ul][li]Reduced ‘Ammo Pack’ throw to 5XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Reduced calling in ‘Artillery’ to 10XP (from 15)
[/li][li]Increased Artillery ‘Splash Damage’ to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Aura

[ul][li]Reduced ‘Healing Station’ deploy to 10XP (from 30)
[/li][li]Reduced Healing Station ‘Reclaim’ to 5XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Bushwhacker

[ul][li]Increased ‘Turret’ deploy to 50XP (from 30)
[/li][li]Reduced Turret ‘Reclaim’ to 5XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Increased Turret ‘Lock-On’ to 20XP (from 5)
[/li][li]Reclaiming a Turret now returns 65% of the cooldown (from 80%)
[/li][/ul]
Coaly

[ul][li]Fixed bug where the Coalsplitter Trinket would misbehave
[/li][li]Coalsplitter Trinket has now been given his very own Obituary flair
[/li][/ul]
Fletcher

[ul][li]Increased Sticky Bomb ‘Splash Damage’ to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Fragger

[ul][li]Increased ‘Frag Grenade’ throw to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Increased Frag Grenade ‘Splash Damage’ to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Kira

[ul][li]Increased ‘Ammo Station’ deploy to 40XP (from 30)
[/li][li]Reduced Ammo-Station ‘Reclaim’ to 5XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Increased calling in ‘Orbital Strike’ to 30XP (from 25)
[/li][li]Increased Orbital Strike ‘Splash Damage’ to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Reclaiming an Ammo Station now returns 65% of the cooldown (from 80%)
[/li][li]Increased Ammo Station cooldown to 25s (from 20s)
[/li][/ul]
Nader

[ul][li]Increased ‘Grenade Launcher’ fire to 10XP (from 5)
[/li][li]Increased Grenade Launcher ‘Splash Damage’ to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Phantom

[ul][li]Increased ‘Stalking’ XP to 4XP/s (from 1 per second)
[/li][/ul]
Phoenix

[ul][li]Reduced activating ‘Healing Pulse’ to 10XP (from 20)
[/li][li]Reduced ‘Self Revive’ to 10XP (from 20)
[/li][/ul]
Proxy

[ul][li]Increased ‘Proximity Mine’ deploy to 20XP (from 15)
[/li][li]Increased Proximity Mine ‘Tripped’ XP to 30XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Reclaiming a Proximity Mine now returns 65% of the cooldown (from 80%)
[/li][/ul]
Redeye

[/li][/ul]
Sawbonez

[ul][li]Increased ‘Health Pack’ thrown to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Skyhammer

[ul][li]Reduced ‘Ammo Pack’ throw to 5XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Sparks

[ul][li]Increased ‘Health Pack’ throw to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][/ul]
Stoker

[ul][li]Increased ‘Ammo Station’ deploy to 40XP (from 30)
[/li][li]Reduced Ammo-Station ‘Reclaim’ to 5XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Increased ‘Molotov’ throw to 30XP (from 15)
[/li][li]Increased Molotov ‘Ignite’ to 30XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Reclaiming an Ammo Station now returns 65% of the cooldown (from 80%)
[/li][/ul]
Thunder

[ul][li]Increased ‘Concussion Grenade’ throw to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Increased Concussion Grenade ‘Concussed’ to 20XP (from 10)
[/li][li]Increased Concussion Grenade ‘Concussion Assist’ to 100XP (from 50)
[/li][/ul]
Vassili

[/li][/ul]

Other Changes

User Interface

[ul][li]Merc Selection (F1, F2, F3) keys are now bindable in the Options menu
[/li][li]Updated default Voting key-binds. Page Up is now Vote Yes, and Page Down is Vote No. These are now bindable in the Options menu
[/li][li]Added additional feedback to Voting, letting players know who called a vote, when certain votes are disabled and when a vote succeeds
[/li][li]Removed the number of ‘No’ votes being shown on the Voting UI, since only reaching the required number of ‘Yes’ votes matters
[/li][li]The Assault Course now has a locked icon and accompanying tool-tip explaining how it is unlocked
[/li][/ul]

Gameplay

[ul][li]Added a new option aptly named “Reload cancels reload”. When enabled, pressing the reload button a second time will cancel a current reload
[/li][li]This gives players with the Double Time Augment a quick way to cancel out of a reload, since Sprinting does not
[/li][li]Optimized the context-based (ie. Help-Up, Mount MG, Objectives etc.) interaction system for improved performance
[/li][/ul]

Notable Bug Fixes

[ul][li]Fixed bug where Stopwatch rules would sometimes Draw, Win, or Lose incorrectly
[/li][li]Fixed bug where server performance could sometimes significantly degrade over the length of a game
[/li][li]Fixed bug where EMP’d Proximity Mines would detonate when the effect wore off if a stationary enemy was nearby
[/li][li]Fixed bug where some Steam Achievements would incorrectly unlock when the game was first booted
[/li][li]Fixed bug where trails for some Grenades and Abilities were not visible
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players were unable to join a password protected server
[/li][li]Fixed bug where the game could crash when exiting the Tutorial or Assault Course
[/li][li]Fixed bug where players killed by explosive weapons were not able to view the killer’s information
[/li][li]Fixed bug where incorrect information was shown if a player was killed by an enemy that was already dead
[/li][li]Fixed bug where Ammo Packs and Airstrikes could go through the blast door in the Tutorial
[/li][li]Fixed bug where a window in Dome allowed players to get under the map
[/li][li]Fixed several collision and VO bugs in the Assault Course
[/li][/ul]

(ostmustis) #2

safe to assume ranked will be back with this patch?

(jessebot) #3

All sounds really good. I’d put the “reload cancel reload” section above the exp changes just cause it has pretty significant impact on the double time perk and thus a ton of the loadout cards.

(nokiII) #4

Yeah, promoting that a bit more would be nice. I tested the reload cancels reload function a few days ago while messing around on an offline server and it’s suprisingly intuitive.

(Chris Mullins) #5

Ranked won’t be re-enabled with this update. There’s still some issues we need to resolve.

(FireWorks) #6

Typo at Proxy ‘Proxmity’ and isnt it Draw, Win and Loss instead of Lose in the first bug fix line?

I dont like the new flat XP spotting system.
XP wise I dont thinks its a good call to give Redeye even more spotting XP since he is the easiest XP machine once spotting is mastered (this would have to be reworked with the CDs).
I believe that Aimee has dire problems to get her XP with spotting, so the new amounts seems to suit her well.
For Vassili I think a small gain would be sufficient.

I assume that Aimee gets a “spotting assist” also for the debilitated enemy. If not, that would help her a lot.

And also Vassili would benefit from an error margin that basically ignores the time between pulses. So, he get the spotting assist for every enemy in the area, no matter if he is currently spotted or in the 1sec delay between pulses.

Redeye gets spotting assist XP for pretty much every of his own kills, making him extremely highscoring compared to equally skilled other snipers. I believe the proposed changes would make it easier for them to keep up.

(Szakalot) #7

also agree that RedEye gets huge amounts of spotting XP. Its often similar to the amount of combat xp i get

The XP tweaks look decent.
I don’t really play RedEye so I’m not sure about the situation there.

The other changes look great as well.
I think the reload cancel reload will make a lot of people happy.
I very much appreciate the fact that you are now able to see who voted without opening the console.
It will hopefully make less people spam shuffle votes.

Coaly gets its own kill feed, wohoo!

And, of course, bug fixes. Mhmm! Tasty.

(LifeupOmega) #9

I have no idea why Redeye needs an exp buff honestly. Playing him just consistently puts me miles above other players just by virtue of spotting and then shooting them down. In comparison, Kira playing on Chapel Stopwatch only barely did better despite having a better kill score.

(ChallengerSam) #10

Overall good changes but I am not sure about the redeye buff.
They should do something about elo boosting.

(alphabeta) #11

Since last update keep getting random disconnects from servers. Those who are able to stay on server (we had whole clan on one server) state that they experience a tremendous amount of lag, stuttering, and poor hit reg.

(Szakalot) #12

speaking about the update, can we please have the bushwhacker turret reclaim cooldown reverted? its a big nerf to certain playstyles of bush, a detailed discussion here:
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/30774/bushwacker-nerfed#latest

all the other reclaiming changes are insignificant, reclaiming ammo stations, mines, or snitch devices is nowhere near as common as keeping the opponent on their toes by repositioning the turret.

Its also a major nerf to bushwhackers pushing potential as its too risky to plonk one down to reinforce a particular corner, bush won’t be able to put another one down for too long.

(FireWorks) #13

[QUOTE=Szakalot;555445]speaking about the update, can we please have the bushwhacker turret reclaim cooldown reverted? its a big nerf to certain playstyles of bush, a detailed discussion here:
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/30774/bushwacker-nerfed#latest

all the other reclaiming changes are insignificant, reclaiming ammo stations, mines, or snitch devices is nowhere near as common as keeping the opponent on their toes by repositioning the turret.

Its also a major nerf to bushwhackers pushing potential as its too risky to plonk one down to reinforce a particular corner, bush won’t be able to put another one down for too long.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this was a hard hit to him and not exactly called for since he was meant to be buffed.