(Szakalot) #1

spamming threads causw phone

thunder:

• 170hp is good
  • concussion nade aoe/power is good, except the flash lasts a bit too long
  • long flash was fine when slowdown effect wasnt so potent, it is a but too strong atm
  • flash also too powerful at longer ranges, imo flash should be almost not relevant past a certain close/midrange radius, about twice as long as max concussion range
  • 1sec fuse time is SILLY OP and provides NO COUNTER, even at high levels. its far less counterable than vassili jumpsnipe
  • bring back concussion cooking, at 4sec fuse time like fragger. this is a NERF - it allows people to get out of the way when concnade is being prepped, it makes thunder vulnerable while cooking and prevents the absurd whipping out the flash in an instant immediately incapacitating numerous players. it raises the skill ceiling. the airbursting will never be as bad as what we have now, and it will require setup time from thunder, just like a fragger instagib nade. if flash potency is a bit toned down it will also make airbursting less annoying.
  • 1sec fuse is just absurd, you can airburst at mid range, you can make a super simple popflash around a corner, you can just throw it in the general direction of the enemy group and you will reliably incapacitate several players for even 4-5 seconds. 4 seconds out of the game is longer than if a frag nade killed you and a medic came to revive!

some extra reasoning in this thread:

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/comment/182206/#Comment_182206

(Anderskr) #2

I think the concept of combining the slowdown effect and the flash effect is bad for interesting gameplay.

Having the flashbang effect in itself works quite well, as the victim has the ability to move to cover using map knowledge to avoid dying during the flash. You also have the chance of firing back, but you can only shoot based on timing so only non tracking weapons like the snipers can really benefit of this trait (which is kinda funny since thunder is one of the few mercs that can survive a headshot from a bolt action). The flash in terms of gameplay is interesting for both sides, while still allowing the nade to force the enemy to retreat giving your team space.

The slowdown effect by itself is a bit weaker in terms of interesting gameplay imo. You can fight back, though you will be weaker due to the weaker ability to dodge and you can’t draw back. Giving up ground and regrouping is an interesting team skill that I don’t think needs a specific counter ability.

Combined, the slowdown part removes the interesting part of the flash, being able to retreat whilst flashed. The only thing the victim can do is tell his teammates he is flashed and someone needs to stop the thunder (and probably his pocket sawbonez) from killing him. I think one of the two effects should either be removed or replaced with something that still creates an interesting scenario from the victims perspective.

I think the best solution is to remove the slowdown completely, but keep the concussion effect by still deafening the player and reducing saturation. Then the flash part can be made more consistent by allowing it to flash people through other players and deployables and make the grenade still flash a target at close range even if he isn’t looking directly at it with reduced intensity.

I think thunder may actually still be ok in terms of strength with this change due to his high healthpool. If this makes him too weak, you could also give him back the EMP effect to compensate as it does compliment the role of forcing the enemy to give up ground very well.

(Glottis-3D) #3

slowdown is WAY TOO damn high.
cooldown has to be larger

(BomBaKlaK) #4
  • Cooldown to short (my eyes are bleeding everysecond when there is more than 1 thunder)
  • Flash range is way to big (you flash yourself even at super long range usually)
  • Cooking flash nade is more than needed, 1s is way to short