The Unlock and Load Update - Bug Megathread

(Chris Mullins) #1

When we push updates live we want to post a sticky megathread in the SD DB forums so our community can report issues they’re experiencing. This will make it easier for players to report issues, for us to collate them and to give feedback to the community where necessary. Here is an example of Riot’s one for League of Legends in Reddit.
Below is a post we can copy/paste into the Splash Damage DB forums with the appropriate formatting.
Title: (Update Name) - Bug Megathread

Hey all!

With every new update there are often a number of unforeseen issues that sneak in. To address these as quickly as possible, we’re creating a single Bug Megathread so you can let us know when you run into them. This way, you’ll have a much greater chance of having them seen by our QA team than by creating a new thread (we only have so much time for bug-thread hunting!)

Before you make a post please do a quick check to see if anyone else has reported the issue you have experienced. If so, simply up-vote their comment and we’ll know the severity of issues.

Format bug reports: When putting a bug into the comments below make sure that you give us as much information as you can. If you can remember any of the events leading up to the issue it can help us find the cause quicker.

[ul][li]Type of Bug: Eg. Gameplay bug, HUD and in game UI, Frontend UI etc.
[/li][li]Description: Describe what the bug is and what happened in the moments leading up to and after the incident.
[/li][li]Video / Screenshot: If you can grab a screenshot (which you can do through steam) or a video recording of the issue it would be useful for us.
[/li][li]Steps to reproduce: List the steps that lead up to the bug. Try not to leave any information out, every step can be useful!
[/li][li]Result: What happened after you experienced the bug.
[/li][li]Expected result: What you believe should have happened if there was no bug.
[/li][li]Reproduction rate: How many times out of 10 have you experienced this issue? (1/10 - 10/10)[/ul]
[/li]

Copy the below code and use it to fill in your details:

Type of Bug:
Description:
Video / Screenshot:
Steps to reproduce:
Result:
Expected result:
Reproduction rate:

Performance/Graphical Issues: If you are experiencing either performance or graphical related issues, please also add your System Specification to your bug report including: Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, HDD/SSD, Motherboard, Sound Card and even drivers etc.

We’ll be going through each and every bug which is posted here. If you don’t get a reply, don’t worry. Just rest assured knowing we have made note of your issue and it will be addressed when possible.

Thank you for helping us make Dirty Bomb a cleaner place (that sounds wrong but you know what I mean).

(ZGToRRent) #2

Should I report previous reported bugs that were not fixed?

(Nail) #3

since update have not been able to sign in, uninstalled game, Steam reinstalled Steam and game did verify game cache, got 2 files missing and an 8.8 mb download, assuming that’s the 2 files
first time I ever had a problem in this game ever, and I been in since day1

it’s ruining my free stuff collection

(DB Genome editor) #4

Caught this in a picture posted on the Nexon forum:

The Proxy card on the left shows the Special Edition Culprit skin in an Obsidian frame (?!?!). I can’t tell which one the person had in his squad, and I don’t have the Obsidian one to test, but the Special Edition is working OK for me.

In any case, that card is not in the game’s menu assets, at least not on the client side. It’s also the third instance I’ve notice where the in-game merc selection pictures did not match the menu ones:

[ul]
[li]First case was just before the Founders Proxy card was changed to a different less goofy pose, I’m positive I saw that new version in-game before it could be seen in the barracks menu.
[/li][li]Just recently I had a similar “flash-forward” a day or two before the update as I got a Proxy card with the bandage on her eye in my in-game selection menu (didn’t know what it was at the time, but there definitely was a white line across her face).
[/li][/ul]
So clearly the in-game pics are from a different source and they are not always synchronized properly. And since in the first two cases these changes appeared prior to a client-side update, I’m wondering if these assets are not server-side?

Also, while on the subject of the new Proxy cards, can we get this fixed to have the proper font for her name?

(DB Genome editor) #5

Ran the latest tutorial this morning and there is something that bugs me (although it’s not a bug per say, just a strange design choice…). Why is the merc menu using these shinny happy loadout cards which are not used anywhere else in the game?

Why not use the actual real default cards for these 3 mercs and show new players what real merc cards are supposed to look like? After all, this tutorial is meant to educate them, not confuse them… As an added bonus, those have names on them so when the tutorial asks to switch to Aura, it will be clear to the newbiest newb that Aura is the one in the middle, and thus that F2 selects the middle merc,

It’s a pretty trivial thing, but it just looks weird and out of place… :frowning:

(Violator) #6

Another trivial but lorebreaking bug - The Founders’s Proxy card doesn’t have the eyepatch:

It is the same ingame as well.

(light_sh4v0r) #7

Don’t touch my founder proxy! :frowning:
As soon as I read the patch notes I thought ‘I hope they don’t change founder proxy’.
I was really happy they didn’t, makes it even more special!

(Nail) #8

afaik, founders Proxy will remain the same, hints of new eyeball from Turtle :wink:

but I still can’t log in, I’m gettin pissed I’m losing free stuff

(Violator) #9

[QUOTE=Nail;553296]afaik, founders Proxy will remain the same, hints of new eyeball from Turtle :wink:

but I still can’t log in, I’m gettin pissed I’m losing free stuff[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Phoenix would do the eyeball job :slight_smile:

(Violator) #10

Type of Bug: Lobby / cosmetic
Description: Before joining match, lobby shows vast imbalance of teams, but when match starts it evens out (we actually had one more player than the oppo).
Video / Screenshot:

Steps to reproduce: Wait in lobby for players to be moved into teams before match start.
Result: 2 v 12
Expected result: 6 v 7
Reproduction rate: Once only so far

(DB Genome editor) #11

[QUOTE=Violator;553300]Type of Bug: Lobby / cosmetic
Description: Before joining match, lobby shows vast imbalance of teams, but when match starts it evens out (we actually had one more player than the oppo).
Video / Screenshot:

Steps to reproduce: Wait in lobby for players to be moved into teams before match start.
Result: 2 v 12
Expected result: 6 v 7
Reproduction rate: Once only so far[/QUOTE]
This one always puzzled me because the part of the code that displays the merc selection for each player in your team has obviously figured out correctly who is on which team, but the bit that picks the colors to apply hasn’t. It’s as if these two functions are using different logic to sort out the teams, one of which is prone to random bugs while the other seems pretty consistent (at least in my experience).

(Nail) #12

I still can’t login

(FireWorks) #13

pls contact support

(Nail) #14

LOL, yep that’ll work

(Nail) #15

actually tried, they sent me to a page about problems logging in with Chrome, Nexon support is totally useless for anythingf

(FireWorks) #16

tell them that you meant the ingame signing in process?

(Nail) #17

support is click on this only, there are no actual options

(FireWorks) #18

https://support-dirtybomb.nexon.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

here you can open a ticket and ask them whats going on. doesnt need an account, just the email. make sure to link your steam profile.

but yea, they are masters of tossing smoke at you and hiding away the ticket option :confused:

(Nail) #19

just chatted with someone who asked if I reset my internet connection
will be interesting to hear anything back

(FireWorks) #20

thoroughly checking every possible cause one after another…