Spooky - Unlock and Load Update v57934 - 19/05/2016

(spookify) #1

I havent done one of these in a while so here we go. I got a few hours of game play on the new update.

GEN2 Cards:

The first thing I did in this patch was buy the best or two best Bronze cards for almost every merc. Let me tell you that was not cheap haha! 200,000+!!

The BR16 with Focus on Fragger is crazy OP and you do not notice his HP decrease. HOWEVER the Focus card with the K121 I “wasnt” downing people fast enough and was getting suck in sort of a no mans land. The BR16 is good short and long range while I was having a very hard time with Mid to Long range with the K121. The recoil was just to much to over come at these ranges. (Compared to the BR16)

All in All I am a fan of like 2 total cards on this Second Gen. When you really dig into it and look for the combination you really want they arent available or they are placed with a useless gun. Over all very disappointed and now I have even more card to shift through. I have something crazy like 50+ pages of cards and even with the sort I get lost in the shear amount of card then you add GEN1 and GEN2 of each color and my head is spinning.

Feedback Culprit Event:

I really like the use of data to determine merc play times and to have a event based off of that. That was very clever and very cool.

I however did not like the RNG of the event. Getting stuck with another red’ish proxy feels like it devalues my Founders proxy.

As I figured would happen My Culprit Aimee and Culprit Proxy RNG both drew useless cards so now they will sit. I have no idea if there is trading coming or not but even if there was I dont flipping care. I still have a useless card I would like to use. “IF” there was a trade type system within the game that would allow me to switch guns and augments in and out of that card I would be all for it. SD you need to remember one day I could want to play the shotgun on Proxy and the next I want the Hochfir just to try it. But I want it on my most rare cards. Maybe one day this might happen but in the mean time here I sit with useless cards.

Phantom:

For me even in pubs phantom is useless. The EMP circle really didnt do much for me and I have to keep telling my self that Alt Knife is still pretty useless. The delay in the swing is much to long and you are left to vulnerable.

Thunder:

Very Nice work on Thunder!! He is much more playable and I like both the MG46 and the Stark. I am oddly enough leaning toward the MG46. Sometime it feels like the spread doesnt fully reset on it all the time but when it does the gun is spot on. It is a very odd feeling. The Stark on Thunder is nice but you really have to pop heads and fast to get all your kills. The Stark you can stay a little further away and pop them while I found myself running in right after the blast with the MG46 to get as close to the enemy as possible to pop heads.

The only negatives I have are how slow he is to pop out around cover to start blasting. This is minimal and more so annoying in a fast game like DB.

My biggest grump with Thunders Nades are no line of site… I know this is a long shot to QQ about but I very much want to see right where my nades are landing. On Train for example I have place the nade perfect or what I thought was perfect and then popped out from behind that fence. I see 5 enemys and my heart is like oh crap! In that oh crap minute because everyone is facing me I notice 3 of the 5 turn and run to the side mean while 2 are still coming at me. It was very confusing to me. Basically I didnt know where to start shooting. I basically froze…

If I could throw the nade while looking at the blast area I would know who is effected and where to start aiming. I would also not have to come out from behind cover. I have stated a bubble like effect like in Diablo 3 that has a limited distance. Or Thunder after many years of conc nades is immune to them.

All in All a step in the right direction.

One Last thing. If you nerf the BR16 to much Thunder will take over as the most played heavy over Fragger.

Fragger:

I only noticed the lowering of the HP while using the K121… I could not kill fast enough or put down enough damage fast enough to use this Card.

I will stay I did not try the M4 on him yet…

The BR-16 felt like good ole Fragger. Using the Nades to kill or reduce the enemy and and pop the in the face and get multiple multi kills. Is it OP? Probably but it feels so darn good. The BR-16 feel much better then the stark and I feel I can not hit all 3 bullets with the stark all or 75% of the time. If Smooth reduces the timing between the bullets I might be going back to the M4.

Timik:

I was very excited to use the Timik with Focus on Stoker. What I found was the Stark was a much better fit. For some reason it felt like I had a crazy slow ROF and just wasnt pop heads like I should. It was a very odd feeling. I gave up after 10 minutes of play because something was off.

Rhino:

I saw a really epic looking GEN2 Rhino card with the snow flake and Focus so I was like F yeah I am going to try that… Nope… 100000% Fail on Rhino. If you do not have that N2O perk Rhino is useless. His spin up time is way way to slow by default. Also isnt N20 something crazy like 50% increase to barrel speed? Thats Crazy! It basically makes it a must have.

Side Notes:

While I was playing as Thunder the only merc that could really dual me was Proxy, Fletcher or Aura funny enough. These Shotguns were devastating to me and I was getting two hit and downed in a blink of an eye!

(spookify) #2

I am also looking for the M4 with the Focus perk that isnt on fragger. I would want that on both Stoker and Skyhammer

(nokiII) #3

Stoker has the M92Gen2 with Focus, Guardian Angel and Extra Supplies.

(BomBaKlaK) #4

Still no news about maps ? Cause it’s been a long time now … way to long !

(ifreborn) #5

this is what it feels like swapping to Thunder. I feel i have way less than 170hp it’s either his hitboxes are huge with slow movement or he takes more damage somehow. that’s just how it feels to play him.

I think he would be a better champ with faster movement less health and smaller hitboxes. O and the M4

(spookify) #6

[QUOTE=ifreborn;553311]

I think he would be a better champ with faster movement less health and smaller hitboxes. O and the M4[/QUOTE]

So Fragger? haha!

(spookify) #7

This weekend of playing was a giant cluster. Any merc I used I was just being snipered across the map by shotguns… It was not enjoyable…

(MrEd) #8

Hello, long time no see. I’ve been playing the Unlock and Load Update and thought I’d just say, loving the new tutorials - lots of love and attention gone in to the assault course and many nice details.

long jump - mostly finding these to be hit and miss as I’m not quite understanding the timing - the tutorial doesn’t really help with this except to bark that I should do it.
(suggestion) on screen prompts for timing windows for long jump, wall jump, etc similar to beat-em-up training mode combo trees.
(suggestion) velocity/time graph in assault course review to indicate where time being won/lost
(bug) Bongoboy keeps telling me to quit or restart on a loop after I’ve already capped toomic and hauser.

(+) Also loving the balance in the gun play - particularly the shotgun toters - well done!

(fzl) #9

M4 Fragger —> “all”

(Mustang) #10

Didn’t get my case today even though I got a “First Match Bonus” achievement.

RedTractor also reported the same issue.

(light_sh4v0r) #11

Me too, same thing.

(KeMoN) #12

Me neither and ingame chat people also claimed that they haven’t received one today.
Apparently it is a wide-spread issue, so I’m positive we will receive the missing case soon.

//SOLVED:
That was fast! Thank you Nexon support. For anyone still missing his/her case, consider filing a support request at Nexon.