boosters

(ostmustis) #1

I guess you heard this a few times already but they arent working as their description says and your explainations doesnt quite hold up either.

In their description they are said to increase your drop chance but from your explanation they just decrease the time needed for the pity timer(?). a pity timer that by all accounts are set to something really crazy and unachiveable.

I have played quite a bit since the start of the event, way more than you would expect to play for a drop and I got boosters. I could be the unlucky one but from ppl I talk with a lot of ppl seem to be that 1 in a million guy. To top things off we got tons of ppl like this:
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/comment/172987/

My main grievance is the bad explanations, the bad claifications (we still dont know how the work) and that a lot of ppl get without any boosters day1 G_G. Dont think I heard anyone getting a case except for the first day of the rotation or with 10 boosters so I question your claim that they work.

Next time just remove the drops and sell the cases in the store for money/cycles/credits and if you are feeling generous, reward them like you did with trinkets and/or from a special event quest.

(dont got a good play time for reference but Im at ~120 cases with 5 boosters)

(Chris Mullins) #2

Thanks for your feedback. We’ll be doing a full review of the event once it has concluded and will put what we’ve learnt forward into upcoming events.

(Kl3ppy) #3

If you see in your review that there was actually an error, will players get a reward afterwards or will you keep it quiet?

(alphabeta) #4

I think I am getting fewer dropped cases (and no event cases) with 6 boosters than when I had none.

(NeroKirbus) #5

I have had at least 4 event case drops throughout the event and three of them are from the help of boosters. The three I received are from having 7, 9, and 10 boosters. The 4th one was from a random drop from what i remember… I have had no problem with boosters at all, except the most recent event case I received occurred much later than the former two.

I guess the point I’m trying to get across is that I have had no problem with the drop boosters.

(Chris Mullins) #6

If there were issues I’m sure we’ll consider some kind of nicety

(Nail) #7

“If” being the operative word there
I think the problem was people thought they had a guarantee when it was RNG all along, as it should be
I find it hilarious that people have more issues with cases than optimization in the game, I personally think loadouts, events and “special” stuff is all working as intended, relieve fools of their cash
I applaud the brilliance

(Runeforce) #8

Yep, it’s pretty incredible that some people still don’t get the RNG aspect, after the ‘drop boosters explained’ post.

(Faraleth) #9

You mean to tell me that it was RANDOM all along?!?!?!? :wink:

I really don’t know what I should think about that subject but if SD says they are working as they should and definitely nothing is buggy I’ll trust them. :slight_smile:

So far I got three guaranteed cases.
When I got my first one I played exactly ten matches with ten boosters active.
I got the other two without any boosters at all.
However, I played a ton so that could explain it.

Anyway, it’s awesome to see that the devs increased the chances a bit for this last week.

(FireWorks) #11

Just post me the names of people you know, who had 1-9 boosters active AND had a drop that happend not at the start of an event week.

And then please also show me drop statistics of the whole population if you can.

It is totally possible that the hundreds of anecdotal evidence could be within the rng of a few hundred thousand of the population. I just wonder why every active person on forums from steam, nexon, SD and reddit are hit by “bad RNG” and dont suffice the criteria mentioned above.

I also wonder how i can sit on 9 boosters for over 9 normal case drops or how 7 boosters and 68 case drops are fitting even remotely into the explanation post. Yea, 1 in 1000 ppl may not see it for 90 drops WITHOUT A ****ING BOOSTER.
Pretty unlucky, am i? Along with hundreds of other posters eh?
Thankfully all the people with drops kept quiet even though asked over and over to voice their results.

(Runeforce) #12

I have seen a lot of posts from people claiming to get drops with 1-9 boosters. But they only post once (if ever,) unlike the usual suspects trying to unleash yet another ****storm, by posting the same **** over and over and over!

[QUOTE=FireWorks;552006]
I also wonder how i can sit on 9 boosters for over 9 normal case drops or how 7 boosters and 68 case drops are fitting even remotely into the explanation post.[/QUOTE]

68 cases with 7 boosters active all the time? Yes, that does seem extraordinary unlucky. Would be nice if it would not happen! At least you must could afford about 30 extra boosters by now. :slight_smile:

Extreme bad luck sucks. I am not in favor and you have my sympathy. But we knew it’s a possibility, before we ever engaged in it, because it is the way it worked up until now. I myself got my hopes up early on in the event, but it was clear that drop boosters would be the same old RNG after the post.

(alphabeta) #13

I had 10 boosters and got one event case drop. Now my screen shows NO boosters? The drop of an event case removes all your boosters?

Yup. Getting a guaranteed case removes all boosters.

(FireWorks) #15

Yeah, this is the case but it was also never a secret and prompted even ingame.

(ostmustis) #16

obsidian stoker haaaip