How to clean ET from clan customizations?

(DukeNukem777) #1

My ET menu and main screen are polluted with the annoying customization from some clan server where I don’t play anymore.
Is there a way to clean this by hand? I know there’s an utility called clean-ETmain but I prefer not to run programs from unknown sources. Furthermore, this program is marked as infected by 3 antivirus (most probably false positives, but better safe than sorry) on VirusTotal. What I’d like to know is what are the customized files so I can remove them.

Thanks.

(KeMoN) #2

Hello Duke,

you can clean custom content by going to your ET directory and start with the ‘etmain’ folder. In this folder please check for files starting with ‘z’ and ‘~’ and ‘^’. The first two letters are used because they are being loaded after the standard game content which is in pak0. The third letter is sometimes being used to make the pk3 title colored in the download process ingame (for whatever reason). These should mostly cover everything and after deleting those you should be good to go. I suppose you are also playing on servers with mods (NQ, ETPub,…) so go back to your ET directory and also open the mod folders. In these folders just do the same things over again.

Files starting with any of these 3 letters are 100% safe to delete! If you are unsure about any other files you want to delete, feel free to make a list and post them here in CODE tags and we can have a look.

Cheers