Raid final

(Magic) #1

Hi

Have made a final version of Raid - this version is a bit smaller - the last part is removed.
I have also tried to do a better visblocking - the map should be a lot better than the b4 version,
It may not fit the biggest servers tho.
A big thanks to d00d for all the help - botfiles and general ideas - mostly on atmosphere side.
Also mrfin,Firefly,KeMon,Sage,Irata,Niek,ailmanki,Avoc and the forum.
I hope you will enjoy it.

Made a little movie…as a thank you to all the help i got :

Raid - the movie

Download Raid final

Magic

(KeMoN) #2

Haha, I absolutely love your video. Great effects and style.
Will have a look at your map tomorrow and edit this post.

This map is easily one of the most cinematic levels I have seen in a long time. The amount of atmosphere and ambience you managed to create is really amazing! I especially love these 3 areas in your map.

First, that courtyard looks really great with the impression of a garden or vegetation in the background giving the level more depth.
Second, the shading (water reflections) and lighting in your sewer channel is amazing.
And third, the pavement/grass blending, the cloth line, the wooden structures and especially the outside of the library make this area really unique and very atmospheric.

Thank you very much for all the work you put into the creation of this level. I know it has been a very long time, but your efforts were definitely worth it! Great map, mate!
Cheers

(-SSF-Sage) #3

It’s great to see such an old project get finished! As a player I want to thank you for your massive effort to finally getting it done and shared! As a fellow mapper I must show appreciation towards the high quality of this project! I think this project has one of the best texture work I have seen on Q3 engine games. I got no bad words.

Congratulations on your big day and Thank you!

(Magic) #4

Thanks for your comment.
Im glad you liked the movie KeMon - i had a lot of fun making it.
I hope to start a new project soon - i like gettin my coffee and spend some quality time alone…behind the computer :slight_smile:

(KeMoN) #5

Ah yes, i noticed you are recycling the coast map of yours, great idea since the part that was already done looked great! Good luck also with this project.

(Magic) #6

Have used some of the buildings and ground texture - its fully working as it is - just have to add some alternativ routes.
I showed you some screens from a new map some time back - think i will continue that one - same style as Raid.

(--Phoenix--) #7

Congraturations Magic! The map is very nice!! :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #8

Stunning job! Thank you for sharing it :slight_smile:

(WuTangH) #9

Just played this version and it was really good. Map was running smooth with stabile fps, and gameplay at the end was good too. :slight_smile:
And design is indeed one of the best Ive seen in ET.

Good job!

(CS_kOoL) #10

[QUOTE=Magic;550539]Thanks for your comment.
Im glad you liked the movie KeMon - i had a lot of fun making it.
I hope to start a new project soon - i like gettin my coffee and spend some quality time alone…behind the computer :)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

1 more time u have made an awesome work and what a beautiful video :slight_smile:

Know i know very well your previous versions of ‘Raid’ as well (moreover in the ‘b4’ there are any missing textures (who unfortunaly can be seen in game) that i had fixed on my server & for any friends as well) and especially i have seen your concrete evolution through your hard work on this great map since any years.

If no this afternoon i’ve tested ‘raid_final’ in a servertest on ‘wolffiles.de’ (and for sure only your map in my game) then i take the opportunity for notifying 2 things:

The last crates of construction are blacks and there are any missing textures (that i have not seen in game and yet i have looked for them)…if it can help look my screenshots :wink:

Let’s hope it will help u and all those who want to run your great map :wink:

Again thanks for your hard work.

(Magic) #11

Hi KOol - indeed the construction crate are missing the texture…i havent noticed it before now.
Strange…its original content from the game…could be something with the shader or the lightstage when compiling - not sure.
One of the missing texture are inside a asemodel i made - but you cant see it ingame.
I hope you like the final version when you get used to it - had a few games on servers that know the final version really well and im very happy how the gameplay turned out.
Thanks for your intrest in the map and ill maybe catch you for a game…

(CS_kOoL) #12

[QUOTE=Magic;553454]Hi KOol - indeed the construction crate are missing the texture…i havent noticed it before now.
Strange…its original content from the game…could be something with the shader or the lightstage when compiling - not sure.
One of the missing texture are inside a asemodel i made - but you cant see it ingame.
I hope you like the final version when you get used to it - had a few games on servers that know the final version really well and im very happy how the gameplay turned out.
Thanks for your intrest in the map and ill maybe catch you for a game…[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Yes about the crates of construction for sure the textures are in ‘pak0’ then i guess it is only a problem about (missing) shader…

And i’ve a little question…about file ‘.ase’ , say me is it used by the map/game (i believe to understand that but i prefer to ask) or is it only a backup u let in the map ? I mean if it is removed , is it usefull for the map/game finally ?

If no i confess that i prefer your previous version (‘raid_b4’ i mean) , especially for her epic final in fact (and her corridor parallel for an alternative to the final).

After i guess you have improved a lot of stuffs…as the problem of respawn for the 2nd spawn for the axis (you know when u respawn and u’re stuck in the tree).

Sorry i have not had the opportunity to test it properly on my ‘server test’ because i still be in pause , i need it.

Again thanks for your hard work :wink: