@SD, could you hide levels already for gods sake ?

(ragnak) #1

There is a ton of reasons why showing levels is bad and there isnt even a single proper one to leave them visible, so for the love of god PLEASE, let me hide my level.

I am tired of getting constantly insulted just because i have a high level.
I am tired of people swaping to my team just because i have a high level.
I am tired of people leaving server just because i have a high level.
I am tired of people whining about team balance just because one team have higher levels.

Could you stop ignoring the issue ? People beg you for that for months now and its getting freaking annoying at this point.

At the very least give me some answer why you refuse to hide levels, this shouldnt be too much to ask -_-.

(FireWorks) #2

already confirmed to happen. wish granted.

(Exedore) #3

We plan to do it when we update the match flow, which we’re working on now.

(ragnak) #4

Thank you for confirmation, that will drop my saltiness by a bit.

(AssortedStuff) #5

Replacing levels with titles would also be a way to generate revenue.

Players would earn a pre determined title every 10 levels (until level 100) [it would also serve as an incentive for a percentage of players to stick around and play more]
At the same time there would be an assortment of ‘cooler’ titles in the store/shop that would cost money.

A game called Blacklight Retribution did that.
They also had something which I found both comical and a good idea, they had 2 expensive titles that were selling for $50 “Deep Pockets” and $100 “Mr. Moneybags”. I actually got to see a few people using those titles.

Going the extra mile would be to have a few titles earned for completing HARD to achieve tasks, You could choose to keep those in secrecy or not.

(spookify) #6

$10 says as soon as Levels are hidden Reporting of players will increase 50%

There will be nothing really to immediately judge “skill” and or Experience from so the you haxer trolls will be in full force.

I have no real point here just saying so much fun to look forward too…

(Mustang) #7

If you hide levels people will just call you a no-lifer based on your playtime instead, not much difference really.

(Szakalot) #8

there is a big difference:

• people have to bother to look up a specific person (and they might have a private profile)
  • other people on the server won’t have a reference point, not unless they look up the person themselves, and who would bother.

On the other hand, readily visible levels of all players is a good reference point for the bully to marshal his troll followers.

(Glottis-3D) #9

yeah, Szaka is right, which is very strange thing to hear from me. But taking your time looking up for steam profile and seeing level ingame on connect is huge difference for most ppl (yeah, i know it is like 3 seconds between them).

(Nail) #10

lol, Steam says I have 162 hours in game, my ingame profile says 0. Looking up steam profile tells you nothing

Wow! That’s some weird (nice) bug you have there.
Once levels are hidden you’ll have a great time without salty players.
Well, maybe you’ll be called a hacker occasionally but I believe that’s more of a compliment. :smiley:

(Nail) #12

not a bug, I have 0 hours in game, 162 hours in lobby for free stuff, got great loadouts without doing a bloody thing

[QUOTE=Nail;552508]not a bug, I have 0 hours in game, 162 hours in lobby for free stuff, got great loadouts without doing a bloody thing

[/QUOTE]

Wait, I don’t understand this. Does that mean you aren’t playing the game at all?

(KeMoN) #14

I’m quite sure that he can get a lot of cash selling a ‘founders’ profile. A lot of people would like to have those unique loadout cards/trinket. When the ingame profile is completely blank that means the buyer can start completely fresh and have the ingame stats directly represent his gamestyle. That simply increases the price even further and having a Cobalt and Gold helps that as well. Even playing the tutorial would probably screw up the ingame profile and lower the price, so there you go :wink:

Wow, that’s surprising. I thought all active Founders would be playing the game.

(Rémy Cabresin) #16

Think you’d be surprised at how little of the Founders still actively play the game as most of them are disappointed quite badly with the result of what they were supporting years ago.

(Glottis-3D) #17

The Moor has done his duty. The Moor can go.

(Nail) #18

yes, I am not playing on my Founders account, I’m not trying to sell it or profit from it in any way, it’s a way to show no one needs to pay a penny to have a usable game

and I think it’s funny

ps, not disappointed at all, quite pleased actually, great game

[QUOTE=Nail;552566]yes, I am not playing on my Founders account, I’m not trying to sell it or profit from it in any way, it’s a way to show no one needs to pay a penny to have a usable game

and I think it’s funny

ps, not disappointed at all, quite pleased actually, great game[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting! Good stuff.

(ragnak) #20

Over 4 months later i still wait for a day when you hide levels so my level doesnt trigger every single salty mentally unstable person on the server.

Take your time, honestly, i bet it takes brain power of whole development team, in the meantime i will just simply rename to a NeckbeardVirginNolifeWizard.