'Rogue en Vogue' Drop Boosters Explained

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey guys,

Just wanted to address some of your concerns around the ‘Rogue en Vogue’ event Drop Boosters for Event Cases. While we can confirm that the mechanic is functioning correctly, we understand that our description hasn’t adequately explained how it functions, which we want to address here.

As you play through the event you have a small chance of being awarded an Event Case. This chance slowly increases through play until it reaches a maximum drop chance. Once this cap is reached, the average player will receive an Event Case in about the same time frame as an Equipment Case. Statistically, the chance can mean that 1 in 1000 players might get over 12 Equipment Cases before receiving an Event Case.

Boosters work by reducing the amount of time it takes for you to reach this cap. Each booster purchased reduces the amount of time by 10%, so purchasing 10 allows you to reach it straight away. Without purchasing any boosters the average player should get an Event Case drop after at least 30 Equipment cases have dropped, however due to the nature of chance this means a rare few could receive an Event Case after only a handful of matches, while 1 in 1000 players might receive over 90 Equipment Cases before they get one.

We apologize for not being as clear as possible with our explanation of the Drop Booster mechanic and hope this helps to clear things up for you.

shoe.

(n-x) #2

Isnt that a bit flawed? People who want to have a card from the first rotation have way less chance to get one than people who want one from later rotations.

(DarkMatterMatt) #3

Thanks for the clearing that up :smile:

(Occult) #4

lol im just going to treat this event as a “trinket” event since thats what im most likely to really get out of this.

(OmaGretel) #5

I still demand compensation and an apology.

(vdll) #6

And I demand a strand of Raziel’s hair.

@stayfreshshoe what is the time needed to reach maximum drop chance without boosters? does it reset after you get event case?

(DarkMatterMatt) #7

Found a typo in the closed thread (that links to this one)

(not is supposed to be now) :grin: got me super confused; what? I can’t edit my own comment!? (I found a typo in my own post after she closed the thread)

(RazielWarmonic) #8

Probably easy enough, just follow me around. I shed like a Border Collie.

EDIT: To answer your question, yes it does reset after you get an event case. Just to reiterate from the OP, without any boosters the average player will get a Suspect Event Case drop after at least 30 Equipment cases have dropped, however 1 in 1000 players might see over 90 Equipment Cases before they get one.

(Occult) #9

something must freeze over first i think

(vdll) #10

Probably easy enough, just follow me around. I shed like a Border Collie.[/quote]

Permission to stalk granted, muheh.

(Chris Mullins) #11

This is true, unless you had a starting balance of Credits to buy Cycles with. All cases will be dropping in the 5th week and all Suspect Equipment Cases will be purchasable too.

(vdll) #12

Probably easy enough, just follow me around. I shed like a Border Collie.

EDIT: To answer your question, yes it does reset after you get an event case. However, I do not believe we are disclosing (at this time) the time to reach the maximum drop chance. Before people start to flame me, I want to note that not even Blizzard releases the amount of time for their “pity timers”, and this wiki page might offer further clarification on why.
[/quote]

It’s ok, I’m not expecting exact figures, just curious if it’s more like 10 or rather 100 hours of playtime.

(Chris Mullins) #13

[quote=“convincingMollusk;168416”]@stayfreshshoe what is the time needed to reach maximum drop chance without boosters? does it reset after you get event case?

It’s ok, I’m not expecting exact figures, just curious if it’s more like 10 or rather 100 hours of playtime.[/quote]

Hey convincingMollusk,

Just to reiterate from the OP, without any boosters the average player will get a Suspect Event Case drop after at least 30 Equipment cases have dropped, however 1 in 1000 players might see over 90 Equipment Cases before they get one.

(FerfyDerf) #14

I would never have spent 50,000 credits on 5 boosters if I’d had this information. I’m not even getting a card for the week I wanted.

(OmaGretel) #15

This is true, unless you had a starting balance of Credits to buy Cycles with. All cases will be dropping in the 5th week and all Suspect Equipment Cases will be purchasable too.[/quote]

Still, meaning the people who want cards for the first week’s rotation HAVE to get 10 boosters, because obviously playing 11+ hours on aimee alone does not even get you a single case with 5 active boosters.

(Sinee) #16

For fucks sake…

It’s not really that you guys weren’t clear, it’s the fact people are spending exorbitant amounts of credits for the boosters, and they’ve been playing for days for long periods and have received dozens of regular cases and 0 event cases.

It’s pretty black and white what the issue is. People are paying and not receiving, and these people only had 1 week to get the card they wanted. Grotesquely expensive boosters have been purchased, time has been spent, and both of these factors have not yielded any results.

Which is why people thought they weren’t even working… obviously.

(Gandalf_The_Bae) #17

I think all of this could be resolved if you just told us roughly how many games we need to play for each number of boosters.

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;28103”] Without purchasing any boosters the average player should get an Event Case drop after at least 30 Equipment cases have dropped,

shoe.[/quote]

I have spent almost all of my free time this past week on this dodgy event, i have (had) 5 boosters, and spent the past day with 6, i have had probably about 30ish regular cases drop, so this 30 with 0 boosters seems completely false,

you would think after many many hours i would have at least ONE case to show for it, but no.

I feel let down and misled by the way this event has been explained

(FerfyDerf) #18

This is basically it. Very few people have left this week satisfied despite what amounts to fairly large time investments.

(Randomdeath) #19

bullshit. Friend played with 10 boosters for 20+ matches and nothing

(N8o) #20

[quote=“Randomdeath;168438”]bullshit. Friend played with 10 boosters for 20+ matches and nothing

[/quote]

Did you even read the post