Some suggestions of stuff that can be added/changed in DB

(frostyvampire) #1

Hi there Dirty Bomb people, devs, players and anyone who reads it
I don’t know if this is the right place to post it in but I couldn’t find a place to write suggestions in. The closest thing I found was the merc/skin suggestions section in DB forums but I don’t wanna suggest neither of those so I’ll just write it here and if there’s a better place to write it in please tell me and I will copy paste it to there (and delete this thread)

I have a few suggestions on stuff that I think will be nice and might make the game a bit better

Offline Mode
You should be able to play even if you are not connected to the internet or just wanna test something out, and it kinda sucks that if you lose connection for one second your entire game asks you to exit and you have to restart it to get it working again.
You probably are already working on bots but I can’t know for sure. You should make people able to summon bots with console commands or start an offline server and before they start one they will have an option to choose how many bots they wanna have. Bots should have random 3 mercs and random loadout cards for each (all bronze quality) in their squad but you should be able to force the bots to have a specific merc/s in their squad and even force them to play with only one merc and loadout cards using console commands.
You (the player) will have all the mercs and all loadout cards (in bronze quality) unlocked in offline mode.

Competitive Mode
This probably shouldn’t be released until the game is out of beta and all bugs and more mercs are released
This should be a more competitive version of the current ranked gamemode. Because of that, you should only be able to play 5v5 on it (at least for the first season or so after release if it gets accepted).
This mode will be just like ranked by maps and everything - Still 5v5 and all. But it will require more teamwork. To avoid noobs playing it, you must be at least level 15 and have played at least 100 games in the normal ranked gamemode to unlock this one, also you must own at least 15 mercs because there will be a limit allowing only one person in each team having a merc in their squad, for example if you have Aura, nobody on your team will be able to select Aura to their squad unless you take her off. People will be put in a different type of pregame lobby in which you will be able to see all the mercs, they will have 5 minutes to discuss who will take which mercs before they are sent to the game (unless both teams are ready before the 5 mins pass). If you want to take a merc to your squad, you click on them and that’s it, if another teammate wants to take that merc, they can also click on it and then you have the option to let them have it or have a rock paper scissors and the winner gets the merc and gets it locked (this means nobody can take that merc from them unless you decide to remove the merc from the squad - right click them and click “remove from squad”), if nobody wants to take the merc from you within’ 20 seconds after you put them in your squad, that merc gets locked, how this works can be changed but that’s just one idea (which is kinda bad :3) of how it could work.
If you have a full squad of 3 mercs locked, you will be marked as ready, if everyone is ready they will be sent to the game. After 4:40 mins, if you don’t have all 3 mercs locked in, you will be assigned random mercs (if you have an empty merc slot) or get the merc you didn’t have locked, automatically locked and be asked to choose loadout cards for all 3 of them. Not choosing any will result in automatic usage of default card.
You will earn 300% of the credits you would in normal gameplay and the elo (that affects your ranked rank) you earn/lose will be double of normal ranked.
A few more things should be done to increase the teamwork amount and stuff but I couldn’t think of anything really

Trade-Ins
As you probably already know, as tradeins are now, it’s really not worth to use them ever and it’s kinda like a scam, you should be able to get different loadout cards without being completely scammed off
What I think you should do is make them cost a nice amount of credits but only require 1 card of the same rarity, and also give a small discount on credits if the card you want to get is for the same merc. Here’s an example of what I think should be the prices for tradeins (can be changed depending on what you think or if you see that it’s abused in some sort of way, just please don’t make it a scam like it is now, 2 cobalts and extra 24k credits for 1 cobalt is ridiculous, I’m not complaining but you must agree with it)
Bronze: 1 bronze card + 7,500 credits (6,900c if same merc - 8% discount)
Silver: 1 silver card + 15,000 credits ( 13,500c if same merc - 10% discount)
Gold: 1 gold card + 30,000 credits (26,400c if same merc - 12% discount)
Cobalt: 1 cobalt card + 100,000 credits (85,000c if same merc - 15% discount)
If you tradein for a loadout card for the same merc, you will be unable to get the same loadout card you just used.
And if you tradein, your result will have the same skin (for example: If you tradein a gold Proxy card with the Bamboo skin for a gold Aura, your gold Aura you get will have the Bamboo skin as well)
You should also allow tradein for special edition cards, at a price of the card + 35,000 credits (30,800c for same merc - 12% discount). The result card will be from the same special edition quality.

Other Stuff

1. Make Aura and Skyhammer paid mercs that cost 30,000 credits each but because of that, every player (including new people who will get DB in the future) will receive a head start of 130,000 credits. New players will be instantly put in a training mode in which they will be explained about the basics (like the current training mode) and will be able to select a merc they wanna study about (will give them a short explaination about each merc they choose of like 2 mins each), the game will explain them the merc’s abilities and put them in a specific part of the training merc at which the merc is good for that situation (for example Phoenix will be put in some zone behind a small place and he will be required to revive a teammate while under fire with the defibrillator, then heal them with a healing pulse, then the player will get shot down and be requested to revive themselves). You will not be able to start playing on servers or spend credits on stuff that are not mercs until you own at least 3 mercs.
    Make you able to refund a merc and get the credits back within’ 2 hours after purchase (timer starts going down after you confirm the purchase, not only while playing), to avoid abuse allow you refund only once a month (will reset every time the date reaches 1st of the month).

2. Remove free rotation mercs (unless something special for an event, like the Rogue En Vogue right now) and instead, reward the player with the option to borrow a merc for 24 hours (like I’ve stated before, the timer starts ticking down the second you confirm the borrow). Every week you will be able to borrow one merc (reset every Monday)

3. Make you able to buy credits (5,000 credits for 1$), also allow you buying Elite Cases for 25,000 credits each and Expert Cases for 12,500 credits each (but the discount won’t apply if you buy multiple, so if you buy 10 Elite Cases you pay a total of 250,000c without the 30% discount you get for buying them with Steam wallet)

4. Weapons and stuff-
    Headshots: Increase damage multiplier from 2x, to 3x
    Beckhill Combat Knife and Stilnotto Stiletto: Right click attack from behind will make a backstab, causing an instant kill + finish on the enemy (backstabs do not work on teammates in ranked).
    Stilnotto Stiletto: Increase rate of fire to 135 RPM and decrease right click damage back to 80 (except backsabs which will still be insta-kill)
    Cricket Bat: Decrease left click attack damage to 30, decrease right click attack damage to 70, increase attack rate to 140 RMP, increase max range to 150
    Kukri: Increase right click damage to 95, decrease fire rate to 100 RPM, increase max range to 170
    Grandeur SR: Make it easier to see through the sight, especially at the bottom part where it’s just under the place where you shoot
    Deagle (DE. 50): Increase damage to 30
    Revive Gun: Shots to anywhere on the body will do the same damage (so no headshots and stuff), make it deal 10-70 damage depending on charge (70 on full charge and 10 on a simple click)
    Minigun: Decrease damage to 7
    Rhino (the merc yes): Instead of giving him shotguns as primary, give him different guns as primary (a machinegun, a minigun or a new auto shotgun - 230 RPM and 40 damage with 7 or 8 shots mag size), this also means these guns will have a mag size and ammo to reload. Give him the ability to temporary block all incoming shots (this means teammates within’ a small radius about the size of Phoenix’s healing pulse and himself of course will take no damage for 5 seconds), recharge rate of 1:10 minutes

Thanks for taking your time reading this :slight_smile: :smiley:
~Frosty Vampire

(Szakalot) #2

many things i completely disagree wihh but good feedback so thx for posting

While I’m not sure if the thread creator will ever come back to have a look at the responses, I thought I’d give my opinion anyway.

I totally agree on a proper offline mode.
While you can already access the maps for yourself, change the merc you are playing and various other stuff through the console, all this is pretty time consuming. You need to find all the commands and the average player won’t do that.

Your competitive mode idea is basically ranked and in my opinion obsolete.

I agree that the trade-in function isn’t exactly very rewarding.
Nevertheless I feel like changing the required card number to only one (and thus rename trade-in to reroll) could quickly let cobalts lose their value.
One hundred thousand credits aren’t that much and can be gathered rather comfortable within nine to eleven days.

Making Skyhammer and Aura paid mercs is obsolete as well in my opinion.
I definitely like the idea of the game giving you a short round-up of each merc.
I don’t mind the borrow feature. In this case you wouldn’t really need the refund option, though.
Furthermore I would rather see more personal rotations.
For example, the player base is split into a few rotation groups.
Each group has a new rotation every week.
That way public games don’t end as often with endless grenades flying everywhere or katana wielding Phantoms.

No reason why you should be able to buy expert or elite cases with credits as well.
Even if, the prices you’ve mentioned are far too low.

I find headshots are in a fairly decent spot right now so I don’t think that an increased headshot damage multiplier is necessary.
I won’t comment on the other things.

(frostyvampire) #4

[QUOTE=Kirays;550372]While I’m not sure if the thread creator will ever come back to have a look at the responses, I thought I’d give my opinion anyway.

I totally agree on a proper offline mode.
While you can already access the maps for yourself, change the merc you are playing and various other stuff through the console, all this is pretty time consuming. You need to find all the commands and the average player won’t do that.

Your competitive mode idea is basically ranked and in my opinion obsolete.

I agree that the trade-in function isn’t exactly very rewarding.
Nevertheless I feel like changing the required card number to only one (and thus rename trade-in to reroll) could quickly let cobalts lose their value.
One hundred thousand credits aren’t that much and can be gathered rather comfortable within nine to eleven days.

Making Skyhammer and Aura paid mercs is obsolete as well in my opinion.
I definitely like the idea of the game giving you a short round-up of each merc.
I don’t mind the borrow feature. In this case you wouldn’t really need the refund option, though.
Furthermore I would rather see more personal rotations.
For example, the player base is split into a few rotation groups.
Each group has a new rotation every week.
That way public games don’t end as often with endless grenades flying everywhere or katana wielding Phantoms.

No reason why you should be able to buy expert or elite cases with credits as well.
Even if, the prices you’ve mentioned are far too low.

I find headshots are in a fairly decent spot right now so I don’t think that an increased headshot damage multiplier is necessary.
I won’t comment on the other things.[/QUOTE]
I thought about it and I will recreate this thread with better stuff in the DB forums (the more popular one). I was hoping to get more replies here and at least one dev to see but oh well

(Chris Mullins) #5

We definitely did see it, and apologies for not leaving a response. With the longer posts we always want to have enough time to write a full response and be able to follow up with it as well. You have some good ideas in this, and some things we have been thinking about in some iteration or another but it is too early for us to discuss them.

Give me a poke once you’ve done your revised version and I’ll respond all over it :slight_smile: