Last minute shuffle

(Mustang) #1

Just had a shuffle and was swapped to the losing team with 1:30 left on the clock.

Kind of sucks to do all the hard work then lose anyway.

How about disabling vote to shuffle on public servers with X minutes left, perhaps 4min?

(Glottis-3D) #2

3 minutes for last stage
4 minutes for any other stage

(alphabeta) #3

My 2 cents; disable shuffle half way thru map, whether by time or objectives.

(Szakalot) #4

agree with above. And give us ‘shuffle and restart’ already, ffs!

(poiuasd) #5

IIRC there are more restrictions for shuffling coming in the next update.

(FireWorks) #6

But save the XP before executing the shuffle&restart!!!

(Violator) #7

+1

Also prevent JOINING if the map has < 3 minutes left to play, if the player has not previously been in the match (to handle disconnects). The amount of times I join and there’s 2 seconds left on the clock…

Also also… if the lobby is locked in and the teams are 5v7 (join other team button disabled), even the players out when the map loads.

(alphabeta) #8

[QUOTE=Violator;549097]

Also also… if the lobby is locked in and the teams are 5v7 (join other team button disabled), even the players out when the map loads.[/QUOTE]

I think this is already working; I have a screenshot somewhere of a lobby which was 1v11 just before start; but evened out to 6v6 on map start on a 14 slot server.

(nokiII) #9

It’s not working. What you’re experiencing is a visual bug. You can see your teammates mercs (even if they show up red), but not the enemy ones. What Violator means, is if it is 7v7 after the shuffle, 2 people leave and the match begins 5v7.

(Violator) #10

Yep - definately not working here… I have also seen the odd friendly player showing red on team start (though they turn blue when the warmup ends), I wonder if it is related?

(APRenpsy) #11

Agree, so annoying when someone calls a shuffle when there is 10 secs on the clock like bro… really… is winning that important to you that you’re are willing to trust RNG to put you on the winning team?

(AssortedStuff) #12

…agree with the above …and please, better team sorting.

I am aware players joining midway will destabilize balance but many times team sorting is bad (I play public matches).

In the lobby.
Although I’m painfully average that guy LSD on attackers is good, and everyone (except 1) on the Defenders team is below level 10

And again. That guy Shia LaBeouf is pretty good. He probably would take most of the Defenders just on his own.

(spookify) #13

Anytime I join half way in or if I am bought to loss I spam Vote Shuffle. Every 1 or 2 minutes whatever it is I just keep spamming it. It is such an ez troll and needs to be fixed!!

If it is round 2 then vote shuffle should be off!!! It is that easy!!

(Destroy666) #14

The whole vote system is just hopeless in public servers without proper administation. Basically it often ends up resembling this:

//youtu.be/GhxqIITtTtU

Today I was kicked by 3 dumb teammates for… I have no clue what. Said no word, had the highest score, played all the time and poof, there’s a random kick vote near the end of the map, which passed almost instantly. I hope they lost in the end because they were low level newbies and I was carrying them.

At other times I’m kicked (or attempted to get kicked) because some fools make private 1v1/2v2/… money/XP whoring parties at public servers. What a genial idea…

Managed community servers to prevent this kind of bull****, please.

(Bloodbite) #15

[QUOTE=Destroy666;550123]The whole vote system is just hopeless in public servers without proper administation…
Managed community servers to prevent this kind of bull****, please.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this is too true and too unlikely to ever happen.

I think these loser rage-shuffle votes at the end, or even mid match by morons that are fully earning their shame, are part and parcel with public servers.

Can’t eliminate that idiot element in the gaming world, and it’s not as easy to build local communities of regulars with the Nexxon setup compared to the ole days of proper private servers.

I still haven’t ever played a Ranked match because I simply can’t waste my life waiting over 5 minutes to join a single match (I think the most I’ve let the client search was 7 minutes with no sign of progress).

Perhaps that is where more work needs to be done. I have no doubt I’m not the only person that wants to play Ranked, but is being failed by the matchmaking system.

(Tormentaius) #16

@Destroy666 - I tried something similar. Someone kept initiating a kick on the same player for no reason, think it was around 3-4 times this happened in the same game. Then this player then asks who is doing it, and someone blames me for doing it - however it wasn’t me, in fact I voted no everytime. But guess what happens - he initiates a votekick on me and BOOM I get kicked and banned from the server. I was one the players on the team actually having the most points, actually doing the objectives and carrying the team. My girlfriend and a few friends happened to be on the server at the same time who was also on teamspeak with me, so naturally they pointed out that it wasn’t me and that I now had been banned. The dude actually friend requested me on steam to apologize which isn’t something you see very often. But the whole point of the matter is, that it shows EXACTLY how BROKEN the vote kicking feature is.

…unfortunately many aspects of this game is broken - This game has much potential but as it is now, if they don’t fix these issues, it will have a very small playerbase once the game is released, or not long after.

(phila_delphia) #17

First of all! My rep to you OP. I can not give rep as the system said I gave to much today :wink: “The Shuffle Rant” as I call it pests many matches now. People start voting after having trouble in first stage… Especially in “Stopwatch” shuffel should not be allowed after teams have switched from attackers to defenders (vice versa) as it ruins the sens of the Stopwatch mode imho.

As to the matchmaking: The matchmaking often is not to good… especially in objective mode. In Stopwatch the chance of imbalanced teams is even higher as you are able to join sides. Still I`d rather not loose this feature as its the only option to play get in on team right away on public servers.

Best regards

phila