Always two faulty files

(pr0nflakes) #1

Ahoi,

I have a problem with the Dirty Bomb game files according to Steam. German version, build 1023810.

If I check the game data integrity via steam there are always two faulty files and they are offered to renew by Steam. But, I click ok, something happens and if I immediately re-run the check the two faulty files still seems to be there and again are offered to renew. I am runnning in circle.

Dunno if its just a bad checksum somewhere in the rules or if the files are really bad. But please take a deeper look into that issue. I can provide more informations if needed by capturing network traffic to check which files are re-downloaded agin and again.

Thx :slight_smile:

PS: Have also placed this issue on Nexon forum some days ago but their (distributor) forum seems to be the wrong place to solve technical problems :wink:

(Mustang) #2

Don’t worry I have the same thing (2 files), but the game works just fine.

(pr0nflakes) #3

Thats the point.

For me the game does not work fine. I have extreme stutter every ~2 minutes. Dunno if this is caused by these two files. The stutter is so extreme that the game is unplayable.

Have already checked any possible hardware problems, moved steam and the game from ssd to hdd and vica versa, checked possible graphic card problems, network etc. Nothing. And… DB is the only game and prog I have problems like this.

(ailmanki) #4

Try deleting this folder (or move, rename (for backup … do what you want)), if I am not misstaken it contains the configuration files of DirtyBomb.
C:\Users<your username>\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame

(pr0nflakes) #5

Tried but w/o success.

Stutter is still there, from now to then. From one second to other framerate drops to 7fps and is stable up again after some seconds like nothing happens.

My first thought was faulty gfx-card but e.g. temps keep stable at 59°C. No idea whats going on here.

(pr0nflakes) #6

By coincidence I saw that there is a hotfix for my AMD gfx card. After installing, now some days ago, I did not had any stutter anymore. Hope prob is solved now.

Thx for your replies!

(Mustang) #7

Thanks for letting us know, might help if someone else has the same problem.

(pr0nflakes) #8

Bad news.

After days of playing w/o any problems the stuttering is back. I did not made any changes on my machine, no new hard- or software, but after the latest DB update the problem is again present.

Any help is appreciated as atm DB is unplayable for me as the stutter occurs every x minute on each map.