Punkbuster issue

(edxot) #1

lately i cant play etqw any more. my computer reboots randomly after a while.
done a few things already (like setting a better PSU there) but the problem remains.
sometimes it seems like an external hack. because of the timing of those reboots.

anyway, the main thing is: is it normal that when i start my pc, punkbusterA and B are already running ?

EDIT
PS: i also noticed another weird thing. i have a program installed called “Microsft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable”. and if i uninstall this thing, i get an error message when i try to start etqw.
anyone seen anything similar to this ? this is not normal, is it ?

(Nail) #2

yes, it’s normal

(edxot) #3

which one is normal, the pb thing, or the c++ ?

(Nail) #4

both of them

(Kl3ppy) #5

edxot do you breally believe that someone hacks your PC to interrupt you playing a game?

(edxot) #6

@nail

i knew you were going to say that. just checking. not even bots are this predictable.

@kleppy

if you want to say something you can start by powering up your pc, and check if pb is running, and if you have c++ installed.

(Rex) #7

I have also C++ installed and I must say it runs much better on Punkbuster A with 75Hz than on the PSU with 600W. The cause could be an inner reboot of the system due to two versions of the same which could conflict each other. If you notice the issues during a normal ETQW vanilla campaign you should format your C: partition in order to get the maximum amount of xp again. If this doesn’t help, try to install Punkbuster Version “C”.

(Nail) #8

don’t forget to format “D” as well

(edxot) #9

i can see you both putting a lot of effort in this spam/troll thing.

can’t really tell who is winning because nail with 3 times more posts delivers less sh1t each time.

maybe one of you can start a 1v1 thread for the championsh1t title, and leave this one alone ?

(Nail) #10

here’s the deal, you keep posting crap, we answer

but both PB and Vis C++ are benign, you’ll have to come up with another conspiracy theory to blame for your inabilities

(Rex) #11

I think he won’t get this.

(edxot) #12

over the years i have helped countless people in etqw. either with tips, cfg commands, tactics, tricks, etc …
it’s awkward that i end up talking with these 2 clowns without any reply from anyone else.

the deal is this: i have a computer where i installed an operating system, drivers, etqw, and nothing else.
now i notice that i have c++ installed (which i cant remove in order to be able to play etqw) and pb is starting up before etqw.

is it so hard for someone to test this at their computer and give me some answer ?
1 - see if they have c++ installed
2 - see if pb starts right from boot

thanks in advance

(light_sh4v0r) #13

Yes, both are perfectly normal as Nail already said.

(Chronicler) #14

You are such a noob Rex. Everyone knows creating a back-up is important, so first create a back-up of C: and then save it on C:, after that and only that can you format C:. I bet you feel dumb now Rex.

(Nail) #15

[QUOTE=edxot;548472]over the years i have helped countless people in etqw. either with tips, cfg commands, tactics, tricks, etc …
it’s awkward that i end up talking with these 2 clowns without any reply from anyone else.

the deal is this: i have a computer where i installed an operating system, drivers, etqw, and nothing else.
now i notice that i have c++ installed (which i cant remove in order to be able to play etqw) and pb is starting up before etqw.
is it so hard for someone to test this at their computer and give me some answer ?
1 - see if they have c++ installed
2 - see if pb starts right from boot

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

both punkbuster and c++ install with the game

you don’t have a clue, I gave you the correct answer but it doesn’t fall in with your conspiracy theory, nobody gives a south end of a north bound rat about your crap, go away

(edxot) #16

and it is usual that pb is running in memory even if you dont start etqw ?

(Runeforce) #17

You played the game for eight years and you never noticed?