De-rank threshold?

(Mustang) #1

So I had 1px left on Gold Recruit, for 4 or so games it didn’t move, then suddenly it dropped to ~30% of Silver Master. I don’t think it’s possible to lose nothing for several games, then lose 70% in a single game. So what’s going on here, some sort of de-rank threshold? If so can we disable it, I’d much rather know the truth than be lied to and lose a whopping chunk from one match.

(Nail) #2

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/48251-Ranked-Matchmaking-Update-7th-March-2016?p=547323&viewfull=1#post547323

(redtractor) #3

Mustang’s issue is a completely different story. He was gold recruit for couple of games, then he start loosing game after game. Result was that progress bar dropped down to the last pixel. And it was like that for a couple of games (which he also lost :slight_smile: ). And then suddenly he was de-ranked by 70% of lower rank. So he landed on 30% of silver master. Problem here is that the game holding too long on the last 1% of the rank before it is updated. Why so long don’t know.

(Szakalot) #4

ranks should go up and down at least 50% faster:

• people are placed in their skill group faster
  • you get more motivated to play as within a short time (a few games) you can rank up
  • feels less like a grind

(Smooth) #5

After having another look, in this particular instance the de-rank threshold could be halved without resulting in instant de-ranking after a promotion.

I’ll get this in to a future update :slight_smile: