Loadout filters persistence

(DB Genome editor) #1

The filter logic for the loadouts is incorrectly treating unavailable rarity levels the same as if they were filtered out. Say you don’t have any Lead loadouts in your inventory and decide to filter out the Default loadouts, from now on both Default and Lead will be filtered out (along with any other rarity level you did not have at the time). Whenever you change your filter, level that are not currently in the filter list should retain their previous filtered / visible status. It’s even more silly when the change you do is to “Clear filters” or “Show all”: you would expect all levels to now be visible, but in fact any level not in the list at the time will still be filtered out.

This is most obvious when viewing loadouts by merc under Barracks > Mercs > Full Profile and swapping mercs with the radio buttons at the bottom of the page (the filter list wasn’t touched between these pictures except to pop it open).

Starting with Arty, notice how the “Clear filters” button is not there, indicating no active filters:

Selecting Aura next, the Cobalt level is checked off in the filter, a setting inherited from Arty for whom I don’t have a Cobalt loadout:

Fragger next, Silver and Obsidian are now checked off since Aura didn’t have any of those. Special Edition is still visible since both Arty and Aura had at least one of those:

Stoker next, now down to Default (no rarity) only, since he doesn’t have any SE, the only other rarity left after going through Fragger:

After that, any merc you select will only show its Default loadout:

Clearly rarity levels visibility should not be toggled off just because you look at a group of loadouts that doesn’t contain any of that level, filter persistence should be independent from the tailoring of the filter list based on availability.

(eitsch0r) #2

thank you for showing this with such eloquence! very nice writeup indeed, i’d love to get such bugreports in my dayjob. makes it very much reproducible!

i was just fuming really strong about this as after realizing that i was not able to look at the “mass opened 30sumthing cases” because the “by date” filter does not work at all (or at least i was not initiated enough to get it to show anything useful change of order)

After that i was looking at my mercs cards only to realize this “jumping” filter as you described [QUOTE=smooth;31337]attentiongrabbingleetquote[/QUOTE]

edit2: mood fixed now. leaving that in for reference. y’know its not all that bad like you see it when fuming. should have stayed out of exploding. you really have gotten somewhere in the last year(s?). everything else i’d love to write now is too offtopic.
[strike]you know what really gets me? every time i start to care about the game again it bites me in the behind with such stuff. i can really happily play and goof around but when starting to care it is game over again.

it’s true what they say: letting go of expectations makes failure less disappointing. but that can’t be it. enough of my bickering. i’ll go back to not caring. big things are coming. woo. updates lurking in the shadows. new shiny stuff. and new and old bugs. yay. and cases. i better go to bed now.[/strike] fixing mood.

p.out.
H

edit: while klicking around i found that some kind of “workaround” is to switch from (above cards) the “My Loadout Cards”-Tab back to the “Profile”-Tab, then (below cards) switch merc via horizontal “radiobuttons” and then switch back (above cards) to the “My Loadout Cards”-Tab. Curse you, global variables, pthu! Naughty boy!

(eitsch0r) #3

in my very very shallow tests switching mercs while looking at merc-specific loadoud-cards and playing around with rarity-filter checkboxes i found the results very pleasing. In the bits i clicked around in, there were no more resetting or wrongfully displayed filters/cards like the kind described above.

thumbs up for useful and working convenience! (i even was able to play rather regularly without some rage-induced abstinence for quite a while now. just wanted to mention because i re-re-read my past fuming :slight_smile: )