SD: Please advertise ranked better

(Cankor) #1

Now that ranked matchmaking is a viable alternative for solo players, please spread the word. I suspect there are a lot of players just doing their normal thing not realizing how much better things can be if they get in and start playing ranked.

I’d really like to see something specific on the home screen that encourages them to try it and tells them that:

1. Ranked isn’t just for comp or highly skilled players.
  2. They will get paired with players close to their own skill, so if they struggle playing against highly skilled players, or they get bored stomping lower skilled players, ranked matchmaking will help.
  3. A warning that FF is on and to watch your nade spam and martyrdom :slight_smile:

Please help spread the word and help solo/duo ranked grow. Hopefully pretty soon, there will enough people playing that pre-set 5 men teams can come back and everyone will be happy.

Oh, yes. Please.
A lot of players experienced a bad taste of ranked mode and since most of them don’t read patch notes they don’t know that things have changed.

(Apples) #3

playing solo is still a big pain in the “beep” tho… Playing ranked should be lvl 15 minimum I think, lvl 7 is just too low vs any decent solo / duo players.

(Mustang) #4

I disagree, ranked should be for all players, the only reason for a min level is to add a barrier of entry for smurfs/bots.

BUT, decent players shouldn’t be matched with players that haven’t got a clue, maximum MM skill ranges should be tighter and expand slower.

Games should be better, not more often.

(Cankor) #5

Disagree on the level thing Apples, certainly not as high as 15 (I’m only level 13 to put it in perspective). People are bailing because of poor balance way before they get close to that, level 7 is fine. It’s not perfect but their is more communication in the ranked matches so they will learn a lot faster once they start playing. Also, they all start at the bottom right now according to the patch notes so I’m thinking the only time you’re really playing with them is in your first 10 games, and maybe not even all of them because they must be moving you up and down during those games to get your rank tuned in.

The maximum range thing hasn’t been an issue for me so far, a good percentage of games are made at the maximum limit but so far so good. I’m happy with the current range spread.

(Apples) #6

Well, I shouldnt be matched with level 7 then :slight_smile: (in my team or the other) as mustang said, need a tighter rank differnece hence a bigger playerbase, so ranked should either be an elitist thing or forced in game from the beginning (sry to be black or white, but well, enforce this and stop trying to be happy with anyone and everyone)

(Apples) #7

[QUOTE=Cankor;547284] according to the patch notes so I’m thinking the only time you’re really playing with them is in your first 10 games,
[/QUOTE] Nope, I’m still playing with ppl that doesnt even know that you can flank on chapel…or pown the generator on bridge with mollies or grenade and keep trying a plant yolo vs 5 ppl and 3 auras on the block… and I’m far from being a good player (thats maybe why, maybe if I could carry a full team myself it would be less frustrating…) but heck, I might be a bad aim but at least I know the basics, you cant expect ppl to play ranked (and yeah, I want to rank up, not down usually), and be half assed about that IMO, either you play for real or you dont play at all, if not playing serious, even in solo / duo, or you play public, or you play comp vs public… but now its just half assed, that indeed is just my opinion. I played too much 4V5 games where you simply dont stand a chance… but you get deranked anyway, so why bother? That is just an exemple… Any player that quit a ranked game get a personal ban, forever, period… (yeah this can still be abused, but meh, I’m bored and ranting)

Anyway, moving flat and shizzles, I wont talk for at least a month :slight_smile: and the only questions I had, nobody ever answered, so I guess its my stop, see ya! glhf

(Cankor) #8

On a separate note, i was playing the other day and had a momentary black out, power went out for about 5 seconds and then came back on. So, had to re-boot the computer, which took a couple minutes, then re-load dirty bomb. When I joined it put me back in the game (which we ended up winning). All told I was probably out of the match for around 4 minutes. So, good deal that they are able to deal with that level of a crash/re-boot and get you back in without a penalty.

But, no on the personal ban forever for quitting a match, sometimes something comes up and you just have to leave. there should be a penalty, but nothing that drastic. If there is someone that does it consistently, then sure. And, I’d be good if the penalty doubled every time and then reset at end of the month (or season) or something like that.