Jumper sounds

(AgentHani) #1

Hi Guys, Today I’ve tried an amazing map called crazy_battle made by Range from pro assassins community,

However at some point the map wasnt working in some of our server so i made a small fix in its .arena file,

so ive noticed that the jumpers/bumpers doesnt have any sound when u go through it?

but yeh, i somehow dont know how to add the jumper/bumper sounds in it and in the other hand i cant find the owner of this map plus theres no contact given except his website which is probably down at the moment.

So do some of you know how to add a sound for the bumpers/jumpers in this map?

Map : http://www.upload.ee/files/5617088/crazy_battle.pk3.html

(Smoke) #2

Looks like stealth made it

(AgentHani) #3

Hmm, range have edited the map then… difficult to find the guy :confused:

(stealth6) #4

Oh it’s my map apparently :smiley:

What do you mean with jump sounds? I thought those sounds were added by mods? Will check later if I can find the source files.

(TomTom7777) #5

[QUOTE=stealth6;547199]Oh it’s my map apparently :smiley:

What do you mean with jump sounds? I thought those sounds were added by mods? Will check later if I can find the source files.[/QUOTE]

If the source can’t be found, sound can be added for many mods. You need to create trigger_multiple entities in the mapscript that are origin-ed so the player steps-on/flys-through them to enablespeakers that you created with the speaker editor. The current trigger_multiples that target the target_pushes have no scriptnames (nor target_script_triggers) so new entities need to be added.

I suggest you try out the speaker editor ( its built into ET, just open console and type \editSpeakers to start/stop edit, dumpSpeaker to add, modifySpeaker to set parameters… for the rest look up the tutorial). Then create a few small radius nopvs speakers with the sound file of your choice(s). These will run continuously but will give an idea of what you could experience.

I can’t remember what the limits are to number of speakers…

(AgentHani) #6

[QUOTE=stealth6;547199]Oh it’s my map apparently :smiley:

What do you mean with jump sounds? I thought those sounds were added by mods? Will check later if I can find the source files.[/QUOTE]

Aha there you are :smiley: , Well ive tried testing it on my ET Local Host, the sound seems to be heard but when i upload it to my server, ofc my server is powered by Jaymod , the sound doesnt seem to be heard anymore on those jumpers/bumpers .

The jump sounds i meant that those orange platfroms when u jump over it and which create sounds like Bump

(TomTom7777) #7

[QUOTE=AgentHani;547205]Aha there you are :smiley: , Well ive tried testing it on my ET Local Host, the sound seems to be heard but when i upload it to my server, ofc my server is powered by Jaymod , the sound doesnt seem to be heard anymore on those jumpers/bumpers .

The jump sounds i meant that those orange platfroms when u jump over it and which create sounds like Bump
[/QUOTE]
I hear nothing in original Et and nothing in FritzBot. The spawnflags are not set in the map entities (thus no ‘BOUNCEPAD’ sound) and I can’t script them in for the existing entities with the existing pk3

see ref:
http://games.chruker.dk/enemy_territory/entities.php?action=show_entity&entity_name=target_push

(AgentHani) #8

So this means that the map needs to be recompiled?

(TomTom7777) #9

Yes if playing on Original ET and for mods that don’t support create {} a re-compile is best.
For Mods like Jaymod, ETPub, ETPro, ET-legacy, FritzBot-ET, NQ there is an option to create a custom map-script and custom .sps speakers file. But a re-compile would also work for them.

(stealth6) #10

Well I finally remembered this.

Here’s the source: http://www.upload.ee/files/5629123/orb_battle.zip.html

I’m fairly certain there are 2 bugged jumppads in the map somewhere (they don’t go in the direction you expect)

Have fun!

(AgentHani) #11

Can you or someone compile this map for me because i dont know how to compile a map on gtk radiant tho :confused:

(stealth6) #12

I’m not going to do it, but if anybody else wants to feel free.

(AgentHani) #13

Aha ok :-p

(WuTangH) #14

I’ll look into it, always liked this map on fun events :slight_smile:

(WuTangH) #15

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7p7ypmqlek309q/orb_battle_FS.pk3?dl=0

Took a bit longer I thought eh… ET doesnt play jumppad sound even with right spawnflag, and entities didnt allow me to use noise key… So I had to add target_speaker to every jumppad. :rolleyes:
And I couldnt compile the version Stealth uploaded. It had error with _celshader key in worldspawn.
I deleted it and looks like nothing changed… So I hope nothing changed? :smiley:
Also the source file had all brushes structural, idk if it was also compiled like that… but I changed them to details. :slight_smile:

Anyway, overall it is all same and jumppad sounds are added. :slight_smile:

(AgentHani) #16

[QUOTE=WuTangH;549240]Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7p7ypmqlek309q/orb_battle_FS.pk3?dl=0

Took a bit longer I thought eh… ET doesnt play jumppad sound even with right spawnflag, and entities didnt allow me to use noise key… So I had to add target_speaker to every jumppad. :rolleyes:
And I couldnt compile the version Stealth uploaded. It had error with _celshader key in worldspawn.
I deleted it and looks like nothing changed… So I hope nothing changed? :smiley:
Also the source file had all brushes structural, idk if it was also compiled like that… but I changed them to details. :slight_smile:

Anyway, overall it is all same and jumppad sounds are added. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot man, much appreciated ! :smiley: