Solo or Duo match making seriously ?

(BomBaKlaK) #1

So lot of non sense this days … Another move that I can’t understand.
Maps are boring, so I play this game most of the time in MM with my mates to get more challenge, now it’s impossible. DB become a solo/duo game. So I think we will play on another game cause you just don’t want us to play together.

Yes the player base is small but this move won’t help either … dumbiest thing ever …
Want more people to play this game ? Add content & stop stupid choices !

(Glottis-3D) #2

what happened?

(BomBaKlaK) #3

Soon MM will be only solo or duo queue, 5 premade become impossible. MM is dead !
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/24194/dev-stream-round-up-15th-february-2016-smooth-special/p1

(ZGToRRent) #4

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;546011]So lot of non sense this days … Another move that I can’t understand.
Maps are boring, so I play this game most of the time in MM with my mates to get more challenge, now it’s impossible. DB become a solo/duo game. So I think we will play on another game cause you just don’t want us to play together.

Yes the player base is small but this move won’t help either … dumbiest thing ever …
Want more people to play this game ? Add content & stop stupid choices ![/QUOTE]

I completely don’t understand your argumentation here. You can still scrim with your friends, you can join a ladder if you are searching for REAL 5v5 match.

Let’s be real, there is nothing good in pubstomping 5 solos vs premade, that’s why they decide to make more casual friendly environment to have more people in Queue. Then people will be interested in building teams, then SD will enable clan vs. clan MM. Currently there are like 8-12 people searching for a match, it means that you will play against the same enemies over and over again no matter how skilled they are.

Tl;DR;
More people in queue = Better matches

(PixelTwitch) #5

Actually its a catch 22. I have seen many games with these sorts of player numbers at peak time do a much better job with MM then Dirty Bomb does. The problem is/was the lack of incentive and the issues within the match making system when they first launched it. So basically the MM is crappy and thats why the queues are so long and not enough people playing it. Far to much focus has gone onto queue times rather then quality of matches and this is apparent because a good system would have told the five man stacks that there is currently no one in their skill level availiable rarther then sticking them vs silvers. Whomever thought that was a good idea…

While I get that they will eventually MAYBE enable 5 queues again, that does nothing in the interim to keep people happy.

Will this make solo/duo queue better?
Yes…

But that does not soften the blow to people that have friends they want to play with. Just cause we have been dealing with it up until now does NOT mean we are happy with having to pull everything into a public server match and still not be able to play with each other. The only thing that made that bearable to a lot of us was the idea that eventually it would get better. Now I feel like SD has taken that hope away and smacked yet another nail in the coffin.

(BomBaKlaK) #6

Same feeling for me and all my mates … I don’t know if we will stay around in a near futur.
Lack of content, crappy maps, small player base, and now the only thing who keep me playing this game is gone …

(BomBaKlaK) #7

[quote=“B. Montiel;150134”]

I totally understand why they are doing this. But that’s the worst solution they could possibly find to solve those issues. More than improving the mm, they are burying it in the sand. Literally. Most of vets spending time on mm have spent it by going premade.
And as long as there are not rental servers, scrim scene is utter crap in this game.

So we’ll end up having on one hand private matches with no server admin possible, thus making proper scrim conditions impossible to reach. On the other hand, a ranked mm which is limited for solo and duo queues.

You know what, I clearly don’t have a clue on how this is going to improve both attendance and balance on ranked mm. I was not the only to go on mm only if I had a full premade team. Most people who were doing this will certainly drop mm. So you can erase the 10% top tier players who were playing mm actively. How paradoxical ?

And the balance, how is it going to change anything ? The algorithm will try to create teams based on an average skill in both teams. First, it already does not work in current public games. But if two top level get mixed with 3 low dudes against 5 medium level dudes, the first team will still win, considering how the game works right now. So the three low bobs will get carried, the 5 medium will have an horrible time and get outclassed by 3 donkeys.

In my opinion, the best thing they had to do was to force everyone into joining full premade rooms instead of splitting everyone. I’m sorry but I really can’t associate “DB”, “Ranked” and “Soloqueue” in the same sentence. It has no sense at all, especially in dirty bomb.

What makes mad about is that they are lowering the standards once again. And everyone will benefit the same gaming conditions than someone who is too socially retarded to join a teamspeak. Toxic players definitely won that :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :(…

They can try it, but it won’t certainly grab more players than it currently does. There’s no reason why it would. The balance will be just as bad. And you’ll also have to fight your team mates that refuse to cooperate. This does not sound competitive at all.

More importantly, you can’t just expect the mm to improve on its own by just reformulating it. That’s a grand but totally ineffective gesture if there’s no proper content improvements coming with it.[/quote]

Pretty much this !

(montheponies) #8

Factually it’s much easier to create balanced games on MM using the complete player pool, than you would have tailoring a queue of randoms with a premade, of whatever makeup.

For me this makes perfect sense. MM should never have allowed 5 man premades, just stupid how you can possibly make sense of that and create ranks is beyond me.

So for me, it sounds like a great move and I’ll certainly be returning to MM (which i’ve completely avoided due to the complete lack of any balanced matches). Hopefully it will attract other solo/duo’s and who know’s perhaps they’ll build a clan v clan function for you guys that want that…god forbid you could just use IRC, Steam, TS3 or any other form of communication to create your own scrim.

Bottom line - as 5 man premades, do you really enjoy the pubstomps?

(Szakalot) #9

since we are reposting stuff from the other forum: