Spooky - Fine Tuning Update v54498 - 11/02/2016

(spookify) #1

Here are my first Impressions of the February Fine Tuning aka a nice balance update.

I will first start out with game performance. I play almost exclusively on US East servers and my ping ranges from 30 to 60. I also try to stick to Min Level 10 servers. I popped on a few servers yesterday thinking they would be crisp and lag.warp free and I was 100% wrong. I got a rubber-banding feel while switching weapons, I got rubber bullets and warping or glitching players. In a nut shell the server still feel like junk.

Side Note: Can we please get more 6v6 Min Level 10 servers? The 7v7 is just to much…

Onto the balance which might have been effect by the horrible servers.

Rhino - Tweaks were done to his minigun spin time and even with Nitros the spin time is noticeable slower. The max spread reduction doesn’t come close to compensating for what feels to be 500ms longer to spin up then the previous update. (Shelving Rhino for now)

All other merc tweaks I have no problem with and will just get used to them.

GUNS

Scoping - The first thing I noticed in this new update is there is a Red Hue in my sniper scope? Is this a bug? Its very annoying. I didnt really notice the scope sway very much due to server lag.

K121 - This gun feels good but is there something up with the sound or recoil animation? Something seems funky with it. Can mow down 3 enemys and it feels like luck or spray and pray…

Dreiss AR - This gun is super annoying!!! Pop Pop Dead… That and the Grandeur are turning into the most annoying guns up close. Almost more so then Shotguns. Seems like Kills speed in this game is ramping up significantly with the D-AR, Grandeur, shotguns, REVIVR, BR-16 and Stark-AR.

Going against a good Redeye with the PDP was also stupid annoying…

Blishlok - Feels pretty good but with laggy servers its hard to tell.

Hockfir - Land the first 50 bullets and then people wall spam or glitch out so tracking turns impossible. It felt like there is a mouse delay and odd/glitchy merc animation yesterday. Not cool when you are tracking heads on these light little mercs.

Conclusion:
To recap there are a few things I am very much against: Mini Gun Spin Time and how the TTK is getting quicker and quicker with certain guns. I would rather see the D-AR pop 3 heads on a light merc and have more control and or a slighty faster ROF.

Lastly these past 2 weeks of server input lag have been very annoying. The game is still playable but when you know there is this lag it makes it much less fun to test. Basically to compensate this I have been going splash damage mercs like Fragger, Proxy, stoker to spam explosions.

(Glottis-3D) #2

agree with Spooky on plusses and minuses.