Spectators not counting as players?

(Neo_TA) #1

sometimes i see games that for not full eg 13/14 when i try and join it says its full but yet the auto-join function keeps trying to spam connect with people using the CMD “spectate” to get ingame faster to skip out the 16secs timer its happening more and more

//youtu.be/6kdgvKl5znc

Spectators do count as a players, this is a whole different(known) bug where the server thinks it’s full, but it isn’t. There was a fix added to it recently so the slot will be freed up on map change. Before that, servers could go weeks with one broken slot and uneven 5vs6 games.

(AssortedStuff) #3

Spectators DO seem to bee counted as an active player.
I was testing it about a month ago and that seems to be the conclusion.
I would go into the server list, ordered it by number of players and joined a match with 1 slot available.
Usually matches like this get completely full quickly, so I would go into spectator mode and waited…

The matches I spectated never got completely full. Ever. And some I made sure to wait 10 minutes.

(light_sh4v0r) #4

So you’re the one unbalancing all these games :mad:

(Destroy666) #5

Auto-join sometimes doesn’t let me join even if there are 5 free slots… I can connect through server browser in those cases though.

(Violator) #6

Getting this a lot, I think the new UI is a bit of smoke and mirrors and hasn’t really solved the original issue of ghost players filling up spaces. It will get stuck in an infinite loop trying to connect due to the ‘ghosts’.

//youtu.be/80TrmzicYrA

EDIT:

Also sometimes get ‘Instance has no session’ instead of ‘server is full’.