[Maps] DOME 2016 thoughts.

(Glottis-3D) #1

1st OBJ

I like the changes on this one. the fights spread is realy good. you can fight in lots of places. this map is less repetitive due to that.
I like th 1 delivery OBJ change also - because defenders now do not have a chance for mistake. when there were two milkjars defs could try some crazy things because they always had 1 more milkjar to defend. Now they need to play more thoughtful.

There are still some problems in this OBJ
-unused places especially near the LOwer generator
-defenders are very easy to spawn rape - they have 2 very bad routes, especially the ‘main’ route, that leads directly to the OBJ. Snipers, Molotovs, Airstrikes - you name it. Anything can destroy the entire team running from spawn because they are exposed there, and they come from a corner, which is very disadvantageous.

2nd OBJ

this one seems OK.
some minor concerns.
-When the middle roof is taken by the attackers - the ‘minivan OBJ’ (B) is 99% planted. and 90% destroyed. But the A pylon is much harder nut to crack even with the middle roof.
So my concern is that one Pylon (B) is an obvious choice - it is easy to clean and defend as attackers.

i suggest to put something helpful for defs in the B obj.

-Defs can be easily spawnraped - the deadly U-turn.

3rd OBJ

Main problem - the OBJ area is not fun to fight in. very clumzy and boring layout. without any obvious frontline. This is serious issue. The last object should be most exciting one - the culmination of the map, but instead it is a messy grind with little thought and tactics.

-Also the same old problem - lots of useless trick-jump routes spoil the fun. Defs can go trickjumping only to find themselves being later than other teammates AND in the same damn spot. Trickjumps need to lead you to more advantageous place OR to be faster, otherwise why bother tricking?

-I think that closing the windows in the left building (def POV) near the OBJ was a mistake. It crippled the frontline for defs.
Windows should return to some extent, but the building should be further from OBJ (not 2 meters away from it.)

-less annoying problem - the right path to the OBJ (attacker’s POV) is very easy without Blowing the Door. Why one would even bother to blow the door, if he can simply RUN around without any obstacles - no one even tries to defend that area anyway.

-Forward spawn is needed in that right building, and that path should be much harder for attackers to pass.

(titan) #2

ya the 1st two objs are getting quite fun the 3rd needs some improvement tho