[REDEYE] Perma-spot ability

(KeMoN) #1

So I haven’t played Redeye in quite a long time, but I thought I should try a different play style once in a while. I went ahead and traded up Redeye, but sadly received the scoped rifle, what a terrible waste of loadouts.

Anyway, always when I used my goggles I would perma spot things in that spot. Even when I was at a different end of the map, it would still spot players and deployables in the last spot I used my goggles. Now since I haven’t played Redeye in quite a while I’m not sure if this is intended gameplay, but I find it very odd.

See this screenshot for reference. I used my goggles at the top of the escalators, ran through the left hall, repaired the generator and then went ahead for the plant. All the while still receiving spots up the escalator. Pretty convenient since I knew that a bunch of denfenders were not bothering me at the C4.

Cheers

//UPDATE
I do not have to previously use my goggles in a certain area to get deployables and throwables spotted!
Deployables like the ammo station or the heart-beat-sensor receive that icon instantly when I see them. I do not need my goggles for this icon to show up! The good news is that deployables don’t get spottet all around the map. Only when they are in immediate line of sight.
Throwables however like stoker’s molotov and Skyhammer’s airstrike marker get spotted everywhere on the map instantly!

(NeroKirbus) #2

Did the loadout card have bomb squad? The buff to that augment made it so you can see grenades, explosives, and deployables no matter the range as long as you have LOS on it.

(KeMoN) #3

Indeed yes, the loadout card (P75 Rebel Sniper) includes the ‘bomb squad’ augment.
Apparently the calculation for the line of sight is faulty then?