team-specific trigger hurt

(Teuthis) #1

can a Trigger hurt be made team-specific? reason I ask is that I would like to make kinda spawn protection so that when Axis are coming to the allied spawn area they get hurt.

I can certainly let the Trigger hurt appear once an axis Player crossed a certain Point but this would then also hurt allied Player if they cross the Trigger.

anyone has an idea?

(phisherman) #2

Unfortunately, trigger_hurts can’t be made team-specific. A workaround would be to use a team-specific trigger_multiple which makes a trigger_hurt show up for half a second, but as you said, this would affect the opposite team as well and is not a nice solution.

May I recommend to you this script by Nullskillz. It does not kill opposite team members, but uses a target_push to prevent them from advancing and even displays a message to them. This is the most effective and elegant solution that I have heard of.

(Teuthis) #3

Thanks phisherman, i will test this script ASAP. This option with the trigger hurt would be so cool and its unfortunate that this option doesn’t exist

(stealth6) #4

Well you could try making a tonne of small trigger where only 1 player can touch at a time.

(Teuthis) #5

I was thinking the exact same but soldiers in battle are always somehow unpredictable so if you are straving with speed through those triggers you might either miss the trigger hurt or another player of the oposite team might get accidentally hurt. What would be cool would be a target push connected to a small trigger hurt. This has to be team specific so that a player going into the spawn gets pushed into the trigger hurt. Well deserved fate for someone spawnkilling imo :wink:

(phisherman) #6

One would have to place these triggers in some distance to the actual spawn so that spawn-killing is actually prevented, unlike on this picture. This is a much better distance. The idea is to lock down entire areas so the opposing team cannot advance close to the spawn.

(RayBan) #7

Use a trigger multiple axis or allied only and target a trigger hurt

maybe…

(RayBan) #8

If you want one specific team to be trigger pushed… hopefully into a field of lava… have that trigger push target an info_null… but use the trigger multiple team specific to do it… if you want one team to hurt… do the same… trigger multiple and target the hurt… and make it fooking HURT…

just saying… =P

(Teuthis) #9

very valuable comments RayBan. I have meanwhile have a spawn protection in place using a simple target push. But I will not give up here, I want the spawnkiller to get hurt just enough so that they don’t die from the hurt but that the next bullet from a freshly spawned Player kills the spawnkiller :slight_smile:

as much as such Folks will hate me, I love this idea :slight_smile:

(RayBan) #10

ignore what I said, cause it will not work… perhaps if we strapped a chunk of dynamite to a possum with no facist views… and pointed em in the direction of the axis… barring no kibble along the way… =P

(RayBan) #11

And if that doesn’t work…maybe we could make a large badger…

(TomTom7777) #12

[QUOTE=Teuthis;544823]very valuable comments RayBan. I have meanwhile have a spawn protection in place using a simple target push. But I will not give up here, I want the spawnkiller to get hurt just enough so that they don’t die from the hurt but that the next bullet from a freshly spawned Player kills the spawnkiller :slight_smile:

as much as such Folks will hate me, I love this idea :)[/QUOTE]

Knock yourself out.
Like a make a small jail cell with a team door (no cvop) as exit and in front of it a hidden func_button for the other team to push causing crushing humiliation death with sound effects. Then put a misc_teleporter_dest inside the jail cell and target it with a trigger_teleport that you make visible when the spawn-killer runs over a trigger_multiple near your spawn.
Or be really cruel and make the jail cell a maze with random button triggered bobby traps (shooter_mortars, _grenades, _panzers…), a maze that only your team mates can exit.
Add a spectator box above and Folks will love you :wink:

(btw I tested using setstate control of the trigger teleport in dam revenge, works fine)