Serial Number

(Maestro88) #1

Greetings all,

In a recent clean up of the house my ETQW paperwork and serial number were inadvertently tossed out. I live in fear of not being able to reload the game from the disc if things go south for any reason. Is there any way to find the serial number from within the game? Console command maybe? Any help is appreciated. By the way, i’m on a Mac.

Regards,

Maestro

(Kl3ppy) #2

Just remember your Acc data. Username + PW should be enough to be able to play the game after fresh installation

(Maestro88) #3

Perhaps. In the past I can’t even change my password without my serial number. Part of what is driving this for me is the dwindling amount of servers available these days. A while ago I tried to join up on the TAW Vanilla server. It asks to download a file in order to play. I did and it crashed my entire game to the point where I had to reinstall…and I needed my serial number to do so. Thus, when everybody joins up on TAW I can’t play. Perhaps this is a Mac version specific thing. I assume that the TAW file is for the PC version. Not sure why a Vanilla server has to download a file…but that’s another topic. I suppose my worst case scenario is to pick up a cheap PC version of ETQW and play it on my PC laptop. But, I’d still like to know if there is a way to pull the serial from within the game.

Maestro

(light_sh4v0r) #4

Ask Chronicler what’s up with their server, he’s on here fairly regularly.
That doesn’t solve your problem though. I don’t think it’s possible to retrieve your CD key from the game, unless you activated it on Steam.

(Chronicler) #5

[QUOTE=Maestro88;544225]Perhaps. In the past I can’t even change my password without my serial number. Part of what is driving this for me is the dwindling amount of servers available these days. A while ago I tried to join up on the TAW Vanilla server. It asks to download a file in order to play. I did and it crashed my entire game to the point where I had to reinstall…and I needed my serial number to do so. Thus, when everybody joins up on TAW I can’t play. Perhaps this is a Mac version specific thing. I assume that the TAW file is for the PC version. Not sure why a Vanilla server has to download a file…but that’s another topic. I suppose my worst case scenario is to pick up a cheap PC version of ETQW and play it on my PC laptop. But, I’d still like to know if there is a way to pull the serial from within the game.

Maestro[/QUOTE]

If there is any download I’m pretty sure it’s just TAW recruitment posters etc. Kind of strange that there is a download at all, might be my fault since I have been messing around to remove red arrows etc.