Feature request: Steam Game State Integration

(Mustang) #1

Not sure if Valve are offering this to third party games yet, or if it’s something Fireteam could look into, but game state integration basically allows game events to update a player controlled HTTP endpoint, to do things like monitor health, ammo, headshots, respawn timer, ability cooldowns, etc.

For more information this is how you’d do it in CSGO: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Game State Integration

Here are some example use cases:

//youtu.be/buu6-cz0MHw

//youtu.be/9BUtHYMnrhk

(MoonOnAStick) #2

Those keyboard demos are pretty neat. Not something I’d want personally but definitely cool.

Presumably one could knock-up something similar to the dota2 viewer with this. Any other applications beyond esports viewing/keyboard lighting? They mention haptics in the link but besides controllers, which nobody uses for cs, what does that mean? Maybe those rumble chairs, getting a back massage every time I get headshotted would make db more relaxing :tongue:.

(Protekt1) #3

It doesn’t seem like something really useful. I’d imagine there are about 100 more things SD needs to spend their time on.

(Szakalot) #4

don’t like it, silly gimick; who has time to look at their keyboard in a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER? Why look at the keyboard and not the HUD on the screen?

But if you like pretty colors on your keyboard, go for it

(DarkangelUK) #5

Slightly OT, is it SD or Logitech that have to implement G15 or newer keyboard LCD panel support?

(Mustang) #6

Just to be clear keyboard lights is just one possible use-case, with the raw data there are plenty of other things you could do, limited only by your imagination (G15 LCD included).

The benefit of SD doing it this way is they only have to support one method, which can then be leveraged by the hardware manufacturers, or even custom player created events, e.g. seat rumble’s when taking damage, custom headshot sounds